News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Fundies Say The Darndest Things!

Started by McQ, July 12, 2006, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Court

I think that god is a rather hugely abstract argument as well...Would you rather I use Santa Clause?
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

iplaw

Both are equally funny and interchangeable so go ahead if you want but it still misses the point.

Interesting how defensive people get when the tables are turned and your beliefs become the object of lampooning and jokes. Your responses sound like the fundies you don't care for...except for you are always right and they are always wrong, seems a little too convenient for me.

Seems to me to be an interesting insight into how people think.  I don't argue with someone when they say that gravity doesn't exist, probably neither would you.  But when someone disputes what you clearly believe is as unwaivering as the law of gravity, the non-existence of a god, people get mighty defensive about that belief.  Theists are the same way inversely.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "iplaw"Both are equally funny and interchangeable so go ahead if you want but it still misses the point.

Interesting how defensive people get when the tables are turned and your beliefs become the object of lampooning and jokes. Your responses sound like the fundies you don't care for...except for you are always right and they are always wrong, seems a little too convenient for me.

Seems to me to be an interesting insight into how people think.  I don't get upset when someone says that gravity doesn't exist, probably neither would you.  But when someone disputes what you clearly believe is as unwaivering as the law of gravity, the non-existence of a god, people get mighty defensive about that belief.  Theists are the same way inversely.

iplaw

Ditto

I think

Jassman

Quote from: "iplaw"Interesting how defensive people get when the tables are turned and your beliefs become the object of lampooning and jokes.

No, they did miss the point of the Invisible Pink Unicorn. It does not, however, make their list any less funny. It is an enjoyable read, but that doesn't make it right. It seems people have trouble laughing at themselves. I can laugh at the list and still find nothing irrational or stupid about the atheist position. Most jokes do involve taking something out of context or exaggerating something. They aren't supposed to be objective, accurate, and truthful statements. They are supposed to be something funny. That's it.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Jassman"
Quote from: "iplaw"Interesting how defensive people get when the tables are turned and your beliefs become the object of lampooning and jokes.

No, they did miss the point of the Invisible Pink Unicorn. It does not, however, make their list any less funny. It is an enjoyable read, but that doesn't make it right. It seems people have trouble laughing at themselves. I can laugh at the list and still find nothing irrational or stupid about the atheist position. Most jokes do involve taking something out of context or exaggerating something. They aren't supposed to be objective, accurate, and truthful statements. They are supposed to be something funny. That's it.

Must, admit, I agree, Jassman

iplaw

You are correct Jassman, but you also forget all good comedy has an element of truth.