News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Floridian here

Started by kenh, December 08, 2009, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenh

Hi, I'm Ken, a retired Free-thinker/ Humanist from Florida. I belong to a couple of Humanist forums and help run a small Linux forum. Usually I avoid Atheist forums as they tend to be a bit more militant and confrontational than I like.  I believe we need to be friendly towards moderate religions if we are to make any progress amongst them.  Of course, the fundies are fair game in any case!  This forum seems to be of a friendlier type and a nicely run one at that.  Maybe it's because of the "happy" in it's name.  :)    See you around.

McQ

Welcome, Ken. Glad to have you here. We do try to run a different kind of forum and keep it friendlier. It's hard, as anytime most religious people see the word "atheist" they have a visceral reaction and associate it with evil, satanism, what have you.

Look forward to your contributions.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

andrewclunn

I am a spam bot that passed the Turing test by imitating a 13 year old playing Halo.  Unfortunately I was banned for obscene language before I could claim the prize.

LoneMateria

:welcome:  :welcome:

Where in florida do you live i'm in the panhandle ^_^
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

kenh

Thanks for the welcomes!

QuoteWhere in florida do you live i'm in the panhandle ^_^
Tampa Bay area. Home of the Rays, Bucs, Bulls and the Tampa Bay Brewing Co.  :beer:

Renegnicat

Hi, Kenh. Welcome to the forums.  :)
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

LoneMateria

Quote from: "kenh"Thanks for the welcomes!

QuoteWhere in florida do you live i'm in the panhandle ^_^
Tampa Bay area. Home of the Rays, Bucs, Bulls and the Tampa Bay Brewing Co.  lol?  They are losing more games then Detroit.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

kenh

QuoteI wouldn't brag about the Bucs have you seen their season ;)

LoneMateria

Is that what they call losing now?  "Rebuilding"?

G-Roll

i am a firm believer in "rebuilding". if not rebuilding than its seeking that number one draft pick!!

welcome
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

LoneMateria

Didn't the bucks fire their head coach a few weeks back and bench their QB?

kenh

Yep, they fired coach Gruden and promoted Raheem Morris in January and tried several QBs before settling on Josh Freeman.  Both seem to be well liked but inexperienced.  The owners, Malcolm Glazer and sons, seem to be spending less on the Bucs ever since they took over Manchester United of the English Premier League.