News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hi everyone!

Started by Piratenerforsej, March 24, 2012, 07:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello Rose

26 posts before I see your new account! That's impressive!

Did you find the photography thread?

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Piratenerforsej

Hi, thanks!
-Haha
Yeah, found it :) And of course I'll upload some of my photos :D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 04:01:47 PM
I'm a atheist, but I'm not angry or sad because some people believe there is a god. It's their choice. But I think that we are counterbalanced by those who believe there is a god, but not because of sorrow or anger.
Sorry about my English, I'm doing my very best! ... :)

Your English is excellent, if you aren't a native speaker I would have taken you for one.  I'm with you on not being angry that some people believe in a god -- if it makes them happy and doesn't cause them to do anything horrible, then good for them. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 25, 2012, 08:16:45 PM
I'm a atheist, but I'm not angry or sad because some people believe there is a god. It's their choice. But I think that we are counterbalanced by those who believe there is a god, but not because of sorrow or anger.

Your English is excellent, if you aren't a native speaker I would have taken you for one.  I'm with you on not being angry that some people believe in a god -- if it makes them happy and doesn't cause them to do anything horrible, then good for them. 

With you ladies on this one, too.  :) I always assume that someone who clings fervently to faith must need it very, very badly, so if it helps and doesn't hurt, good for them. I won't judge them, because I don't know their reasons for needing or wanting faith so badly. Maybe they've had horrible experiences or losses. While I can offer them my friendship and help, I certainly can't offer them divine justice or eternal life, so that's why I don't prosyletize my non-belief. Maybe they need exactly what they've got, and find fulfillment in it... same as I need what I've got, and find fulfillment in it too.

If someone asks me a question, or if I'm speaking with fellow skeptics already (like here), that's a different matter. Then I'll yack away. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Piratenerforsej

Thanks! Can't stop smiling know :D
And we pretty much agree on this

Quote from: Amicale on March 25, 2012, 08:26:04 PM

With you ladies on this one, too.  :) I always assume that someone who clings fervently to faith must need it very, very badly, so if it helps and doesn't hurt, good for them. I won't judge them, because I don't know their reasons for needing or wanting faith so badly. Maybe they've had horrible experiences or losses. While I can offer them my friendship and help, I certainly can't offer them divine justice or eternal life, so that's why I don't prosyletize my non-belief. Maybe they need exactly what they've got, and find fulfillment in it... same as I need what I've got, and find fulfillment in it too.

If someone asks me a question, or if I'm speaking with fellow skeptics already (like here), that's a different matter. Then I'll yack away. :)

Friendship and help is the best you can offer. People who have been through some difficult times definitely needs a shoulder to cry on or someone who can listen. :)

Amicale

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 09:47:33 PM

Friendship and help is the best you can offer. People who have been through some difficult times definitely needs a shoulder to cry on or someone who can listen. :)

Yes, I definitely agree. I've been through enough rough stuff and I've borrowed the shoulders of others often enough to know that sometimes, more than they could never need a Bible verse, a lecture/sermon, a trite saying or a comforting platitude... people just need a hug and a good meal and just a friend to sit with them on a couch and hold their hand. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Piratenerforsej

Yeah, I've tried it too many times too. But it also makes a good feeling inside, helping other people. And making others smile, that's something that lifts me up. :)

Quote from: Amicale on March 26, 2012, 02:15:59 AM

people just need a hug and a good meal and just a friend to sit with them on a couch and hold their hand. :)

True. Remember all the times I've listened and all the times I've ran down buying ice cream for my friend who needed me, needs me. Call me and I'll be there.
And If any of you needs someone to listen, just write to me and I'll be there :) (Not physical unless you live in Denmark)  :)

Tank

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 26, 2012, 09:23:42 AM
Yeah, I've tried it too many times too. But it also makes a good feeling inside, helping other people. And making others smile, that's something that lifts me up. :)

Quote from: Amicale on March 26, 2012, 02:15:59 AM

people just need a hug and a good meal and just a friend to sit with them on a couch and hold their hand. :)

True. Remember all the times I've listened and all the times I've ran down buying ice cream for my friend who needed me, needs me. Call me and I'll be there.
And If any of you needs someone to listen, just write to me and I'll be there :) (Not physical unless you live in Denmark)  :)
Airmail anybody?  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome. Love the intro.  Not too long or to short.  There are a lot of interesting intros on here, but it is refreshing to see a nice short one once in a while  ;) 
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Piratenerforsej

SweetLaura286

Hi Rose!!! Great to meet you!

Piratenerforsej

OldGit

Allô!  J'admire le mixture de Français and English, c'est vachement ludicrous.  However my tackle is fine, merci, alors va te faire foutre and up yours.

Amicale

Quote from: OldGit on April 08, 2012, 03:21:08 PM
Allô!  J'admire le mixture de Français and English, c'est vachement ludicrous.  However my tackle is fine, merci, alors va te faire foutre and up yours.

Tu est tres feu! J'adore!  ;D

Whitney

Quote from: OldGit on April 08, 2012, 03:21:08 PM

I don't know enough french to know what the above fully says but it was reported.  So, just a general reminder to please consider civility when making posts.