News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Newb

Started by Brieze, January 17, 2012, 07:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brieze

Hello. My name is Brianna and I'm 22. Agnostic. From US.

I think that covers it.

Sandra Craft

Not really.  What's your favorite music, favorite color, favorite actor?  Do you have pets, hobbies, a squeeze?  Have you done any traveling, are you still in school or are you working now?  There's so much we like to get to know before we get into the heavy stuff.

Welcome.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Hell-o! My name is The. Last name Asmo. Occupation: The All-Important Office of Grumpy Lumpiness.

Welcome!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Brieze. Nice to have you here.

QuoteNotes for new members from Tank:

The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

In addition, you may find the following of interest: "Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Hi Brianna

So what brings you to our little corner of cyberspace?

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Too Few Lions

hi Brianna, welcome to the forum

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on January 17, 2012, 08:43:29 AM
Hell-o! My name is The. Last name Asmo. Occupation: The All-Important Office of Grumpy Lumpiness.

Don't forget about being The Great and Terrible One whose worship requires sacrifices made in blood and fire.  New members need to know these things!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 17, 2012, 04:56:53 PM

Don't forget about being The Great and Terrible One whose worship requires sacrifices made in blood and fire.  New members need to know these things!

Also, the Great and Terrible One whose fearful visage is sometimes revealed in toast.  Can't forget that part.

Hi Brianna!  Very nice to "meet" you!  What brings you to HAF?  :)

Brieze

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 17, 2012, 08:06:47 AM
Not really.  What's your favorite music, favorite color, favorite actor?  Do you have pets, hobbies, a squeeze?  Have you done any traveling, are you still in school or are you working now?  There's so much we like to get to know before we get into the heavy stuff.

Welcome.

Okay.
Genre or band? I think I have to go with glitch for genre, or maybe D&B. Band is Radiohead though. White. Maybe Robin Williams. No. Music listening. For now. Not to anywhere cool. I'm working now with plans for school.

Thanks for all the welcomes =] I joined hoping to find some like-minded people.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 17, 2012, 04:56:53 PM

Well, yes. There is also a fine print about baby kebab. Babies, you see, they must be slaughtered properly first. In the name of The Asmo and everything.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Brieze on January 18, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
I'm working now with plans for school.

What are you planning to go to school for?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 18, 2012, 03:31:31 PM
I'm working now with plans for school.

What are you planning to go to school for?
That line, it can be interpreted in several ways... One could have plans for a certain school, for instance... Evil plans. Wrong:D OR, if one does not wish to appease The Asmo with a sacrifice of children, one could simply be working on some blueprint for a new school to replace that, which was sacrificed to His Asmoness.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

I have to go with glitch for genre, or maybe D&B.
Welcome Brieze,

What are your favorite producers in the glitch genre?
Retired member.