Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 01:09:37 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2011, 12:57:33 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 12:46:53 AM
I second that! :D
Ooh! Ooh! On that note: Look at THIS!
:D She's really good! :)
Yup. A friend (Guardian85, actually) shared with me earlier today. I think she would be very decent even without the voice effects. Now, all I need to do is train MY vocalist in the language of the dragons  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2011, 01:21:21 AM
Yup. A friend (Guardian85, actually) shared with me earlier today. I think she would be very decent even without the voice effects. Now, all I need to do is train MY vocalist in the language of the dragons  ;D
Training me while you're at it wouldn't be a bad idea... ;)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

How in the world did we get on the subject of video games?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 06, 2011, 01:38:00 AM
Blame the Asmo. He started it! ;D
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Asmodean

Actually, being a Heavy Metaller, I am not much of a voice coach - the vocalist I use is many times the singer I am as it is. However, I often use synthesizer-generated sounds in order to demonstrate what I am looking for in the vocals.

In this particular case though, the guy's just shy and not comfortable using a language of fiction, one he knows nothing of to boot... Wait 'til he hears that I want him to do one in Fremen too when the time comes!  ;D (That, by the way, would be my cover of Inama Nushif, originally composed by Brian Tyler and sung by Azam Ali)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Singing now. Videogames before. Gotta keep up with the masters of derail, you know  :P They move fast.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2011, 01:39:48 AM
Singing now. Videogames before. Gotta keep up with the masters of derail, you know  :P They move fast.

Probably can't keep up because I have no idea what you people are talking about. XD
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 06, 2011, 01:45:02 AM
Probably can't keep up because I have no idea what you people are talking about. XD
Singing. Songs. Songs and Wabbajacks. No great mysteries here.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Alright, back on track now.  8)

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2011, 01:39:04 AM
Actually, being a Heavy Metaller, I am not much of a voice coach - the vocalist I use is many times the singer I am as it is. However, I often use synthesizer-generated sounds in order to demonstrate what I am looking for in the vocals.

In this particular case though, the guy's just shy and not comfortable using a language of fiction, one he knows nothing of to boot... Wait 'til he hears that I want him to do one in Fremen too when the time comes!  ;D (That, by the way, would be my cover of Inama Nushif, originally composed by Brian Tyler and sung by Azam Ali)
Awesome. Am also a HM'er in the makings. Sound is just not quite edge enough yet, though my screamo has gotten tons better. Not nearly as whiny as it was b4. Just need to add some edge to vocals, since my lyrics have no spine whatsoever.

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 01:48:41 AM
Awesome. Am also a HM'er in the makings. Sound is just not quite edge enough yet, though my screamo has gotten tons better. Not nearly as whiny as it was b4. Just need to add some edge to vocals, since my lyrics have no spine whatsoever.
I recommend Zen of Screaming for some tips and hints and how-tos.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2011, 01:54:59 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 01:48:41 AM
I recommend Zen of Screaming for some tips and hints and how-tos.
The utmost appreciation, Sir Lumpy. :)

Asmodean

I used that vid to learn some techniques I use on my backing vox... I don't think it is in production any more, but one can always acquire such through... Other means.  ;D

Very nice to be able to scream and growl through a piece of lyrics without hurting oneself and coughing blood and collapsing lungs  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2011, 02:00:38 AM
I used that vid to learn some techniques I use on my backing vox... I don't think it is in production any more, but one can always acquire such through... Other means.  ;D
Kyehehe. I know what I want for Christmas now. :) And I know how I'm gonna get it. ;)

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

Adding to the derail: I haven't reached Skyrim yet, still playing Oblivion, but that singer is really good!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey