Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

New to forum

Started by secular1, December 05, 2011, 04:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Retired member.

not your typical...

"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Crow

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 03:02:24 AM
Awesome! :D I'm talking to someone across the pond... U get a hug. (>*_*)>

Why thank you.

There are a few Brits on here Tank, OldGit, Too Few Lions (I think), Scissorlegs, Norfolk and Chance.

Hi secular1 by the way.
Retired member.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on December 05, 2011, 11:28:26 AM
Greetings secular1.  It's hard for a Brit to imagine being outnumbered by faith-heads - I find the thought horrifying - but we know it happens.
Come here for some sanity and support!

But you will soon be outnumbered by Muslims. Then you will pine for the days of established Christianity! Get thee to the vicar and repent, my friend!

not your typical...

Quote from: Crow on December 06, 2011, 03:17:26 AM

Why thank you.

There are a few Brits on here Tank, OldGit, Too Few Lions (I think), Scissorlegs, Norfolk and Chance.

Hi secular1 by the way.
Had no clue. *clueless face*
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

launion

Quote from: secular1 on December 05, 2011, 04:32:48 AM
Hello,

I thought I would start by qualifying. I'm an Atheist and surrounded by Jesus Freaks. I don't hate--I just find it frustrating to live in a world were it's P.I.
to be Atheist.   

i have similar domestic sitation  except my relatives are screaming fundamentalists they  read and promote the sort of claptrap i noted hereunder..

23 minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese
www.sherryshriner.com/revelations.htmCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Hear what other people experienced as they were taken to Hell: ... Jesus Christ died on the cross for you, rose again 3 days later and is offering you Eternal Life ..

but we digress  -  this a happy forum  so we need to lighten up the ambiance for our fellow correspondents.

secular1

Quote from: Too Few Lions on December 05, 2011, 11:07:55 AM
welcome to the forum.
sorry to hear you're surrounded by such insanity! Hope you can find some relief from it here.

I have learned over the years to find humor in these nut cases. I do hope to find relief here. Thanks!

OldGit

Quote from: BruceBut you will soon be outnumbered by Muslims. Then you will pine for the days of established Christianity! Get thee to the vicar and repent, my friend!

I'm afraid that's true, but - fingers crossed - it won't get serious in my lifetime.  Not out here in the country, anyway.

Squid

Welcome aboard secular1, glad to have you

Quote from: Crow on December 06, 2011, 03:17:26 AM

Why thank you.

Hi secular1 by the way.

I live in south Texas, sometimes it's like living in a different country...or planet.  It's funny that down here they refer to Austin as "weird" when to much of the rest of the country it's normal. </derail>

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

not your typical...

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 07, 2011, 01:50:25 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 03:31:55 AM

Typically American...  ::)
Yup! An American who doesn't get to do any out-of-country travel until she's 16. :P

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 07:33:15 PM

Yup! An American who doesn't get to do any out-of-country travel until she's 16. :P

Go to Malmö, Sweden. It's beautiful  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 07:40:21 PM
Thanks. Will do! ;D

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 07:40:21 PM
Thanks. Will do! ;D

I lived right out of it and the beaches are lovely in the summer.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 07:46:05 PM
I lived right out of it and the beaches are lovely in the summer.
Awesome! I'll tell you when I come. Maybe we came spark an anti-Religion crusade? ;D