News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Another One From Phatmass

Started by Will37, May 05, 2011, 02:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will37

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on May 05, 2011, 07:56:23 AM
Quote from: bigjon16So I joined an Athiest forum in order to cause a ruccous in their community. They tollerate members who beleive in God, but they do not tollerate "preaching". Lol.

Lets just say, I'll probably get kicked out of the forum within the next month. :smile2: hahahahahaha

So I haven't seen this guy on here. Maybe haven't been paying enough attention. He been booted yet? I mean, this essentially translates to "Hey guys, going to teh athiest (can't even spell it right) forum for some trollz and lulz lolololol!!1!

I hope he isn't an example of the mindset of all the new influx of catholics to our forum. Although, so far, most of you seem quite respectable. But if the "kudo" system stays around, I'm gonna give this guy a negative for this post... which isn't even on this forum. That's how much of a tool this post makes me think he is.

To the catholics coming from that forum who aren't here for the troll-bunny brigade, or whatever the hell it was called in that thread.... welcome.

He goes by another name here.  Is he a tool?  I don't know.  I haven't interacted with him much.  My impression is that he's about 16 and was just trying to thump his chest a bit and look cool to his community.  I think it's more a 'folly of youth' thing than any attempt to be a tool.  For what it's worth.

'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

xSilverPhinx

Welcome Will32!

Quote from: bigjon16So I joined an Athiest forum in order to cause a ruccous in their community. They tollerate members who beleive in God, but they do not tollerate "preaching". Lol.

Lets just say, I'll probably get kicked out of the forum within the next month. :smile2: hahahahahaha

So I haven't seen this guy on here. Maybe haven't been paying enough attention. He been booted yet? I mean, this essentially translates to "Hey guys, going to teh athiest (can't even spell it right) forum for some trollz and lulz lolololol!!1!

I hope he isn't an example of the mindset of all the new influx of catholics to our forum. Although, so far, most of you seem quite respectable. But if the "kudo" system stays around, I'm gonna give this guy a negative for this post... which isn't even on this forum. That's how much of a tool this post makes me think he is.

To the catholics coming from that forum who aren't here for the troll-bunny brigade, or whatever the hell it was called in that thread.... welcome.

I think it's PapistItalian16, who is the only recently joined catholic with a -2. Anyways, I love your avatar :D. Don't need to be a lip reader to see what he's saying...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hi Will & Maria

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Melmoth

I'm not going to guess who that BigJohn fellow might be on here. Suffice it to say, he hasn't lived up to his promises, otherwise we'd know.

And it's encouraging to see all those other Catholics telling him not to be a dick, in so many words. Well done Catholic forum. Have a biscuit. It contains no human flesh, which I agree is unfortunate, but it does have chocolate chips! :D
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Melmoth

Oh I forgot to say, welcome Will!
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Whitney

Remember that one who bitched about how it was unfair to not allow preaching because no true christian could possibly discuss religion without doing so...ya, I forgot his name too...but it probably was him (I think we are the only forum that allows theists but has a no preaching rule...others I've seen either allow them, disallow them or move them to a special preaching zone)

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on May 05, 2011, 03:45:15 PM

Remember that one who bitched about how it was unfair to not allow preaching because no true christian could possibly discuss religion without doing so...ya, I forgot his name too...but it probably was him (I think we are the only forum that allows theists but has a no preaching rule...others I've seen either allow them, disallow them or move them to a special preaching zone)
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/ allows (encourages) theists and also has a no preaching rule. Trouble with RatSkep is that IMO they are way too lenient on theist trolls and poe's with the result that serious theists get the backlash from annoyance with trolls and there isn't a rule about being civil. Thus theists are sometimes referred to (and treated like) 'chew toys'. I think the sort of theists on gets at RatSkep are extremely thick skinned and just there to bait atheists with stupid ideas.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaFaustina212

Quote from: Melmoth on May 05, 2011, 02:39:57 PM
I'm not going to guess who that BigJohn fellow might be on here. Suffice it to say, he hasn't lived up to his promises, otherwise we'd know.

And it's encouraging to see all those other Catholics telling him not to be a dick, in so many words. Well done Catholic forum. Have a biscuit. It contains no human flesh, which I agree is unfortunate, but it does have chocolate chips! :D

Hahaha! Thank you for the biscuit :)
"Hear the other side." -St. Augustine
"If we did not have rational souls, we would not be able to believe." -St. Augustine

amppax

Hello everybody, I also come to you from Phatmass. I hope that I can help answer any of your questions about Catholicism or theism in general. I will attempt to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability.

As for introductions: I'm 19, senior in high school, Catholic, and am hear to be challenged and see a different perspective.

Thanks!

Melmoth

Welcome to the forum, amppax. I've read some of your posts on the "So I joined an atheist forum" topic over in Phatmas. I expect there's a few things we can learn from one another.

Will37

'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'

Will37

Quote from: Melmoth on May 05, 2011, 02:39:57 PM
Have a biscuit. It contains no human flesh, which I agree is unfortunate, but it does have chocolate chips! :D

A biscuit with chocolate chips?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Will37 on May 06, 2011, 06:39:11 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 05, 2011, 08:26:51 AM
Welcome Will32!

I just joined and I'm already forgotten.  :'(

Sorry about that, I don't know why I saw a 32 instead of 37.  ???
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Will37

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 06, 2011, 07:06:22 AM
Quote from: Will37 on May 06, 2011, 06:39:11 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 05, 2011, 08:26:51 AM
Welcome Will32!

I just joined and I'm already forgotten.  :'(

Sorry about that, I don't know why I saw a 32 instead of 37.  ???

Perhaps Allah willed it.

Melmoth

Quote from: Will37A biscuit with chocolate chips?

To non-commonwealth denizens, translate 'biscuit' as 'cookie.'