News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

I'm a militant atheist and proud of it!

Started by PaulKing, August 13, 2010, 03:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKing

"Paul, I'm curious as to how you came to be an atheist."

I was born one. I was lucky enough to have never suffered from the mental disease known as religion.
My education was at a progressive school and from the age of 12 I left school (I later returned to my education and attended college) to be active in radical political groups.

Listing all the activities in regard to atheism in my life would probably exceed the capacity of this forums server but currently I am a member of a small but very active radical atheist group called "The Fist" (hence the slogan: - One voice, One fist).

Best,

Paul King

PaulKing

"Whilst i'm not saying i support a full on equivalent of a holocaust with christians".

HITLER WAS ANTI ATHEIST

However, the regime strongly opposed "godless communism",and most of Germany's atheist and largely left-wing freethought organizations were banned the same year; some right-wing groups were tolerated by the Nazis until the mid 1930s.

In a speech made later in 1933, Hitler claimed to have "stamped [atheism] out"

AND

Adolf Hitler: Burn out the Poison of Immorality

Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ... (few) years.

- Adolf Hitler, quoted in: The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872

ALSO DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE GENOCIDE IN RWANDA AND OF NATIVE CHILDREN IN CANADA

i_am_i

I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you if you heard yourself described as a radical. Now the term radical is mostly used in a negative way, "radical Islamists" for example. But radical doesn't have to mean bad, and I would never say that being a radical is by definition a bad thing.

In my case I can't afford to be radical about anything besides having money and trying to stay healthy. Times are tough and most of us can't afford to make too many enemies, you dig? We have mortgages to pay, some have children to take care of.

This forum is a place to more-or-less calmly and congenially discuss topics of mutual concern and interest to atheists. I say this to try to give you a better idea of what this forum is about.

In a nutshell, this forum strives to be cerebral rather than visceral, you dig?
Call me J

Sapere aude

PaulKing

"In a nutshell, this forum strives to be cerebral rather than visceral, you dig?"

The only tiny little problem is that most organized religions take a rather different approach and while you talk they increase their strangle hold on the media, children's minds and the government.

It is like fiddling while Rome burns.

I care about humanity and justice NOT being popular.

You dig?

KebertX

Quote from: "PaulKing""Try to organize hostile take-overs of churches?"

Now there's an idea!

My position is religion is NOT harmless and has caused such suffering to mankind it must be treated as a threat to our very survival.

I advocate: -

Forcing governments to tax Churches and making them conform to 'truth in advertising' laws.
Arresting (and after a fair trial) hanging the Pope for crimes against humanity.
Removing all religious symbols from public places.

and that is just for starters.

As I said I don't pull my punches but neither does the Church.
Quote from: "PaulKing""Faced with you I'd stand beside any theist and go down fighting on their behalf. Stalin and Mao would have promoted you right to the head of the army and Pol Pot would have been proud of any body who held your bigoted views."

Seems you are unaware that Stalin was an Altar boy, lived with his mother in the house of a Priest, wanted to join the Church and was Catholic Educated from pre school thru college.

Pol Pot was Catholic educated from the age of 8 thru 14.

Hitler was a devout Catholic until death. Catholic educated and Mein Kampf was edited by a Catholic Priest.

Religion killed well over 100,000,000 million people last century and in Rwanda it got a great start with this one.

I make NO APOLOGY for hating hate and also pathetic moral cowards like you.

If you don't care about humanity fine. But don't spout absurd holier than thou crap like you did.

I concede that religion has inspired a lot of death and suffering, but it's not belief in the supernatural that does this. It's dogma, and Religious Intolerance.  Since there are no actual gods, people's unquestioning devotion toward their deity is filled in by people with their own corruptions and agendas.

If I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I'm not hurting anyone. It's not until you decide your religion has an imperative to take over the world (a trait exclusive to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) that your beliefs become dangerous. Other dangerous beliefs are things like "Original Sin" and "The Rapture." that seem to devalue human life, and make death preferable to life.  I will admit that these are problems, but we can’t overcome anger and hatred by simply suppressing them. We need to actively cultivate their antidotes - patience and tolerance. You cannot drive darkness with darkness, you need light for that. You cannot drive hate with hate, you need love for that.

~

I agree with taxing churches, (As well as Mosques, and Buddhist/Hindu Temples and other stuff of the sort.)

I don't think we should hang the Pope (but I opposed the death penalty for Saddam Hussein, so...) maybe that's just the radical opinion of a pacifist.

Hitler was a Catholic, but Stalin was very Militantly anti religion, not in a way at all dissimilar from yourself.  Your religion isn't defined by what you're born into, it's the behavior that you show in your life, and Stalin and Pol Pot were Militant Atheists. Sorry, but you're joining that club.  If Catholics have to own up to Hitler, it's only fair that you take on a few communist revolutionaries.
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

i_am_i

Quote from: "PaulKing""In a nutshell, this forum strives to be cerebral rather than visceral, you dig?"

The only tiny little problem is that most organized religions take a rather different approach and while you talk they increase their strangle hold on the media, children's minds and the government.

It is like fiddling while Rome burns.

I care about humanity and justice NOT being popular.

You dig?

Yes I do, but this website forum is what it is, see, and nothing you post here is going to change how it is. So please try to understand that everyone here just can't be a radical activist, even if they wanted to.

Really, there are good people here, they're good people to talk to. Why not make an attempt to get to know us first? Settle in and check the place out. I see how passionate you are, but there's a time when you need to be cool. If you can't or refuse to be cool then this is definitely not the place for you, okay?

Oh, and stranglehold is spelled as a single word.

What is that you do for a living, if I may ask?
Call me J

Sapere aude

Tank

Quote from: "PaulKing""Faced with you I'd stand beside any theist and go down fighting on their behalf. Stalin and Mao would have promoted you right to the head of the army and Pol Pot would have been proud of any body who held your bigoted views."

Seems you are unaware that Stalin was an Altar boy, lived with his mother in the house of a Priest, wanted to join the Church and was Catholic Educated from pre school thru college.

Pol Pot was Catholic educated from the age of 8 thru 14.

Hitler was a devout Catholic until death. Catholic educated and Mein Kampf was edited by a Catholic Priest.

Religion killed well over 100,000,000 million people last century and in Rwanda it got a great start with this one.

I make NO APOLOGY for hating hate and also pathetic moral cowards like you.

If you don't care about humanity fine. But don't spout absurd holier than thou crap like you did.

I care very much about humanity and the ideas you espouse and the manner in which you espouse them are dangerous, very dangerous indeed. It's easy to be a rabble rouser and mob ruler, it gives people with a poor self image a sense of worth and power. It is actually much harder to stand up to be counted when people are under threat from extremist and radical views, such as Islam, Christianity, Communism, Nazism and Atheism (with a capital A) you sir have no right, no right whatsoever to use my world view to further you agenda of hatred. So not in my name mate, ever!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

skwurll

Certainly an old image, but I think it's appropriate here.

KebertX

A message for all the people of all the world who think that their beliefs are the best possible ideas in the world, and that those who think differently are somehow inferior:

Coexist Morons!

"Religion" is an incredibly broad term. I think the OP is ignoring this, and only looking at the negative aspects of religious belief. Religion is not nearly as bad as he thinks it is.

If I went out and killed a bunch of people in Rwanda, and said I was doing it out of White Pride, that doesn't mean we need to abolish White People. It just means that I'm batshit crazy, and need to be tried for crimes against humanity.  Religion doesn't need to have war declared upon it. Religion will die, on its own, as humanity naturally progresses into the future. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the ride?

I see the imperative to want to help people who have been harmed by religion, but would you have yourself become something just as bad to do it?
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

Sophus

Oh, goodness me. Welcome PaulKing, although I can't guess you'll be around for long. Is this the first atheist troll we've had? I hope you prove my first impression wrong.

Damnit, I'm rhyming again.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Smarmy Of One

I can certainly appreciate your militant attitude, Paul. I always argue against religious people.

Actually the discussions don't usually start out as arguments, just that when religious people find out that I am an atheist, I am always forced to defend myself - especially if I am in a room with more than one of these deluded assholes and they gain strength in numbers and they feel the power of almighty jeebus himself wagging their tongue for them.

The anger against the religious comes from frustration. The frustration of having to essentially accept belief in unicorns on a daily basis and respect that belief. I can't accept it and I will not respect it.

This doesn't mean that I actively attack the religious, I only enter into debate when invited to do so. For the most part, I don't give a fuck if people want to walk around with their heads up their asses. But as Nietzsche warned "where the rabble drink - all wells are poisoned." The deluded do affect all of our lives in a negative way.

I understand you anger, Paul, and appreciate it. Time will give you the mechanisms to attain inner peace in a world full of fucktards.

Seek out the similar minded and don't lose your passion - regardless of what some of these wishy washy too cool for school dorks have to say. The passionate are always persecuted - even by those who claim to be in the same camp, but the passionate are the only ones who ever affect change.

Davin

YEAH! F them all!

We'll show those murderous intolerant theists just how murderous and intolerant we atheists can be!

But on a serious note, I dislike religions for the same reasons I dislike your attitude toward theists PaulKing, because really, you're not much different: if I were to swap the religious and atheist words in all your sentences (swap the word Catholic for Atheist and vice versa), how would I know that you're any different than irrational and angry theists?

Quote from: "Catholic - PaulKing"Hi fellow Christians,

I'm a militant Catholic located in Los Angeles and very active in the movement.

I see atheism as a cancer on society that must be removed if the human race is to survive. To me Christianity is not a passive 'belief' but a moral imperative.

I promote 'total war' on atheism and don't pull my punches.

I may offend some but you will find me a straight shooter and very knowledgeable in regards to history, physics and political campaigning.

Hope to get to know you all.

Warmest regards,

Paul King
Christians: - One voice, one fist!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Smarmy Of One

The difference being that the intolerance that I believe Paul King has and I most certainly have (sorry if I am trying speaking for you PK) is for ignorance and what that ignorance does to us all.

The example being given that priests are allowed to rape little boys all over the world and hide behind the popes vestments. It has been shown again and again that the catholic church is complicit in this atrocity. Hiding it's well documented crimes and transferring their holy rapists from parish to parish.

I guess this is something we are supposed to "tolerate."

It's not about beating the crap out of anyone who is deluded. It's about standing up against ignorance. Not accepting ignorance as though we have to understand that people have different opinions and why can't we all just get along. This ignorance is actively dragging us all back into the dark ages.

While we're trying to be polite and understand other points of view - loud mouthed reactionaries are affecting government policies all over the world.

Atrocities happen when people of good conscience (and in this case people of reason) do nothing.

The Magic Pudding

I think religion is dangerous and could well prevent our society making it into the next century.
Paul what does "I promote 'total war' on atheism and don't pull my punches" mean?
Are we talking about a peaceful protest outside a Christian school or violence?

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Smarmy Of One"The difference being that the intolerance that I believe Paul King has and I most certainly have (sorry if I am trying speaking for you PK) is for ignorance and what that ignorance does to us all.

I've met plenty of ignorant atheists too.  No one worldview has a monopoly on brilliance, or stupidity.

QuoteThe example being given that priests are allowed to rape little boys all over the world and hide behind the popes vestments. It has been shown again and again that the catholic church is complicit in this atrocity. Hiding it's well documented crimes and transferring their holy rapists from parish to parish.

I guess this is something we are supposed to "tolerate."

I'm pretty sure that no one in this thread has advocated tolerating criminal behavior.

QuoteIt's not about beating the crap out of anyone who is deluded. It's about standing up against ignorance. Not accepting ignorance as though we have to understand that people have different opinions and why can't we all just get along. This ignorance is actively dragging us all back into the dark ages.

Actually, I think the flow of history is the reverse.  Sects that once banned women in positions of power are now being forced to reconsider those bans.  Sects that once banned gay clergy or laic marriages, likewise.  Even the monolithic Catholic Church has been forced to abandon positions it once defended with fervor; the RCC has, through the molestation scandals, been forced to reconsider, for instance, the celibacy rule.

QuoteWhile we're trying to be polite and understand other points of view - loud mouthed reactionaries are affecting government policies all over the world.

That sounds like a need for the ballot box, not the megaphone.

QuoteAtrocities happen when people of good conscience (and in this case people of reason) do nothing.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the idea was planted that non-confrontational atheists are doing nothing.  However, it is certainly wrong.

Nice photoshop, btw.
Illegitimi non carborundum.