News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

I'm a militant atheist and proud of it!

Started by PaulKing, August 13, 2010, 03:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKing

Hi fellow atheists,

I'm a militant atheist located in Los Angeles and very active in the movement.

I see religion as a cancer on society that must be removed if the human race is to survive. To me atheism is not a passive 'belief' but a moral imperative.

I promote 'total war' on religion and don't pull my punches.

I may offend some but you will find me a straight shooter and very knowledgeable in regards to history, physics and political campaigning.

Hope to get to know you all.

Warmest regards,

Paul King
Atheists: - One voice, one fist!

pinkocommie

Haha, I don't know what a militant atheist even means.  Do you punch people?  Try to organize hostile take-overs of churches?  Are there mini-bats involved?  :yay:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

PaulKing

"Try to organize hostile take-overs of churches?"

Now there's an idea!

My position is religion is NOT harmless and has caused such suffering to mankind it must be treated as a threat to our very survival.

I advocate: -

Forcing governments to tax Churches and making them conform to 'truth in advertising' laws.
Arresting (and after a fair trial) hanging the Pope for crimes against humanity.
Removing all religious symbols from public places.

and that is just for starters.

As I said I don't pull my punches but neither does the Church.

KebertX

"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

i_am_i

Quote from: "PaulKing"I advocate: -

Forcing governments to tax Churches and making them conform to 'truth in advertising' laws.
Arresting (and after a fair trial) hanging the Pope for crimes against humanity.

Absolute and total rubbish. I do not believe a word of what you're saying.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "PaulKing"Arresting (and after a fair trial) hanging the Pope for crimes against humanity.

I lol'ed.  How very Texan of you.

And welcome.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

KebertX

Quote from: "PaulKing""Try to organize hostile take-overs of churches?"

Now there's an idea!

My position is religion is NOT harmless and has caused such suffering to mankind it must be treated as a threat to our very survival.

I advocate: -

As I said I don't pull my punches but neither does the Church.

Wow, You have some intense animosity issues. Call me a hypocrite, but as long as you don't go after Buddhism, I don't see a problem here.
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

PaulKing

"Absolute and total rubbish. I do not believe a word of what you're saying."

Why?

If you are not angry about the genocide of 800,000 people in Rwanda and 50,000 children in Canada not to mention the rape of hundreds of thousands of children Worldwide, then in my opinion there is something wrong with you.

What does it take to make people angry these days?

Some of you act as if the Holocaust was just a little bit naughty.

i_am_i

Quote from: "PaulKing""Absolute and total rubbish. I do not believe a word of what you're saying."

Why?

I'l put it this way. You're slick but you could still use another greasing.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Thumpalumpacus

I fail to see the point in holding all Christians accountable for the actions of, admittedly, quite a few.  How is that not stereotyping?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

NinjaJesus

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I fail to see the point in holding all Christians accountable for the actions of, admittedly, quite a few.  How is that not stereotyping?

Whilst it is Sterotyping, it is more holding their God accountable and attacking his outlets on earth instead of the individual everyday Christian. Although more of an atheist view would be that we would eventualy be freeing them from their own ignorance.

Whilst i'm not saying i support a full on equivalent of a holocaust with christians it sure as hell would be fun to turn on the news and see a load of atheists raiding a church and smashing things :D
As these are Atheist boards.. Just call me Ninja ;)

Tank

Quote from: "PaulKing"Hi fellow atheists,

I'm a militant atheist located in Los Angeles and very active in the movement.

I see religion as a cancer on society that must be removed if the human race is to survive. To me atheism is not a passive 'belief' but a moral imperative.

I promote 'total war' on religion and don't pull my punches.

I may offend some but you will find me a straight shooter and very knowledgeable in regards to history, physics and political campaigning.

Hope to get to know you all.

Warmest regards,

Paul King
Atheists: - One voice, one fist!

Poe. If not, then not in my name. Faced with you I'd stand beside any theist and go down fighting on their behalf. Stalin and Mao would have promoted you right to the head of the army and Pol Pot would have been proud of any body who held your bigoted views.

So on an entirely personal view I sincerely hope you just leave and take your militant views with you as they have no place on this forum. I don't see why you would want to hang around on a forum with a mission statement that starts with

QuoteAt HAF we know that atheists are often happy ethical people just like anyone else. It is our goal to help dissolve negative stereotypes currently held towards atheists and facilitate productive dialogue with those of differing viewpoints.

Please leave and take your Nazi style hate speech with you.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Richard Dawkins calls Martin Rees a compliant quizling for respecting theists.
This sounds a bit harsh, it is hard to win a war without allies.

PaulKing

"Faced with you I'd stand beside any theist and go down fighting on their behalf. Stalin and Mao would have promoted you right to the head of the army and Pol Pot would have been proud of any body who held your bigoted views."

Seems you are unaware that Stalin was an Altar boy, lived with his mother in the house of a Priest, wanted to join the Church and was Catholic Educated from pre school thru college.

Pol Pot was Catholic educated from the age of 8 thru 14.

Hitler was a devout Catholic until death. Catholic educated and Mein Kampf was edited by a Catholic Priest.

Religion killed well over 100,000,000 million people last century and in Rwanda it got a great start with this one.

I make NO APOLOGY for hating hate and also pathetic moral cowards like you.

If you don't care about humanity fine. But don't spout absurd holier than thou crap like you did.

i_am_i

Paul, I'm curious as to how you came to be an atheist.

I'm also curious as to what exactly it is that you do as an activist atheist.
Call me J

Sapere aude