News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by bisbell6, July 15, 2012, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Scissorlegs on July 16, 2012, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2012, 02:58:47 AM
There's an Edward Gorey cartoon that has a cat sprawled lazily over a stack of books, and the subtitle "books, cats -- life is good".  If I were inclined to get tattooed, that's the tattoo I'd get.  Just not sure where.

On your tail?

Possibly.  I could get all sorts of eyebrow raising and amusing assumptions made about it, and it wouldn't show up under undecorous circumstances.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

I'm not female, I don't live in the wilderness, and have never ridden a horse. I think we'll get along just fine. Welcome to HAF!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

bisbell6

I feel welcome.  Nice and squishy inside.  Thanks all! 
"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine so that I may wet my mind and say something clever". (Aristophanes)

DeterminedJuliet

OoOooo, your avatar looks delicious... (is that weird to say? I'm going to say it anyway)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 17, 2012, 05:09:21 AM
I feel welcome.  Nice and squishy inside.  Thanks all! 

Hmm, nice and squishy is nice, bu I prefer warm and soft. Welcome!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

bisbell6

My middle daughter says that my canning hobby suits me well, because it's practically the only time she gets to see me dance and swear and she finds both very amusing.  She, on the other hand, swears like a sailor.  I think it's a requirement for living in NY City.  She wasn't that way when I sent her off to college 10 years ago...  I rather like her smart mouth. 

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine so that I may wet my mind and say something clever". (Aristophanes)

Amicale

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 17, 2012, 05:46:27 AM
My middle daughter says that my canning hobby suits me well, because it's practically the only time she gets to see me dance and swear and she finds both very amusing.  She, on the other hand, swears like a sailor.  I think it's a requirement for living in NY City.  She wasn't that way when I sent her off to college 10 years ago...  I rather like her smart mouth. 

:D That's funny. When I was in highschool, I didn't swear often (then again, I was also Christian back then, so that came with its own baggage). By university though, I tended to start more. Not deliberately, really; I suppose I just picked up the habit.  :D And then to my surprise and amusement, once I graduated and started working here and there and became an adult, I felt more free to swear around my own mom... and I suddenly realized what a mouth she has on her!  ;D Now we both shoot our mouths off around one another, and it can be pretty funny sometimes to see her coming in from work, going "Goddamn, it's F'ing hot out there! My F'ing coworkers drove me insane today! I need a damn drink!" ... and I just burst out giggling.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Black Jester

Well, I'm late to the party, as usual.  But your introduction is intriguing, and I look forward to hearing more from you.  Welcome to HAF!
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 15, 2012, 09:41:41 PM
...and about 5 months ago I finally realized that I am an atheist.  It was such a freeing experience!

Congratulations!  Many here can relate to what you have said about a freeing experience.

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 15, 2012, 11:37:53 PM
@ tank - yeah, pretty much as awful as you'd imagine, but he was an awesome person and I mostly am just really grateful to have been his mom.  

And he was very lucky to have you.

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 17, 2012, 05:46:27 AM
She, on the other hand, swears like a sailor.  I think it's a requirement for living in NY City.  

Most definitely!