News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

in some light, can't you sympathize with school shooters?

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 22, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Who the hell is saying that you were forming a eugenics council?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 24, 2014, 04:50:02 PM
I was just showing how absurd it is that people are offended by those words. It's as if the implications of saying such a thing would be equivalent to what I said.

Tank

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 04:58:44 PM
I was just showing how absurd it is that people are offended by those words. It's as if the implications of saying such a thing would be equivalent to what I said.
Well you're a complete cunt aren't you!

Don't be offended, they're only words. A fucking dipstick like you shouldn't be offended by mere words should you?

Sticks and stones and all that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: Recusant on December 24, 2014, 01:46:52 AM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 01:29:19 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 24, 2014, 12:58:57 AM
I don't. In fact, I'm completely indifferent about the man. However, I do condemn using terror (or more conventional force, for that matter) to get one's message across.

What I'm saying is just that even if he was intelligent and charismatic, I would probably dislike him if I knew him. As an individual, that is, not a symbol or whatever else he might have been.

Yeah I understand. He represents all those towel head extremists who are just retarded anyways. His world view was so twisted around that bullshit warlord Allah the child molester, and he wants to kill others and destroy ancient architecture because of THAT. The guy is a fucking piece of shit.

::) Why we can't have nice things.

When you write "towel head" you're using a racist epithet. That is not acceptable here. As Budhorse4 pointed out, "retard" isn't cool, either. Do you want to get suspended or banned from this site? If not, you have to stop posting noxious shit which is clearly against the rules. I think that generally people have been very patient with you. That will only carry you so far.
alright, calm down. I didn't know that retard and towel head were banned words. I am not used to censoring what I say. I will try to tone it down a bit. just fyi i wasn't planning on forming a eugenics council. Retard/retarded is not offensive to retarded people.  Just their myopic family and friends who are hypersensitive and overprotective.

Reality check: The word ?retarded? derives from the term ?mental retardation.? Years ago, that was a clinical diagnosis used to describe people with intellectual disabilities. But words evolve and change meaning over time as words tend to do, and the words ?retard? and ?retarded? have evolved into insults, and the words are hurtful and mean especially to those who suffer from intellectual disabilities.

In fact in 2010  the US Congress itself replaced ?mental retardation? and ?mentally retarded? in federal health, education and labor laws with the term ?intellectual disability.?

The word ?retarded? has morphed into a slur, a very hateful and derogatory slur?which is why many people now shun the use of the word.

Which is why people here have asked you not to use it. It's not about censorship, it's about being cognitive to the world that exists outside your own world, it's about recognizing that certain phrases, words, or even preconceived notions can and do hurt people, and  that you can still convey your own thoughts and ideas, just use different words.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Niya

I hear what you said in the Original post, MLA. I understand and appreciate that you think of reasons what may have drove them to do something horrible. I feel most people who do this need help in real life. But that being said they are not looking for sympathy when they take up semi-automatics and start shooting up people. One can argue that Hitler was the gentlest being, if you can understand his Dog Blondi's point of view, I mean as far as I have read Hitler loved Blondi...and he hated people who mistreated animals but he was himself a monster to millions. So it becomes quite relative here on the POV we may consider. A surviving holocaust victim or Hitler's dog, both pov's are true and yet I know that it doesn't change the facts nor his act of kindness to the animal species exalt him or compensate for his behaviour. In the same vein my sympathy is with the bullied kid even when he shoots others but that doesn't change how I should view their actions. I can understand why he did what he did and he may be a victim too perhaps. But I would also understand if the mother, of a child who got killed by this shooter doesn't feel what I feel.

C.S Lewis once said, forgiveness is a easy idea as long as we don't have anything to forgive. So yeah there are people who get hurt when they go through the death of a loved one. I cried when they shot 300 children to death, I was moved, many were moved even though none of the people crying were directly related to anyone who died, so society can hate this people, these shooters for "just" reasons. What you need to understand is that not everyone is a hypocrite. People may not sympathize for the right reasons. I don't condone or sympathize with many acts I don't feel qualified for empathy and support.

I think your attitude is frankly "Holier than thou" kind. I lot of people get treated unfair everyday of their lives, you are not alone on that front brother.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 04:41:55 PMalright, calm down. I didn't know that retard and towel head were banned words. I am not used to censoring what I say. I will try to tone it down a bit. just fyi i wasn't planning on forming a eugenics council. Retard/retarded is not offensive to retarded people.  Just their myopic family and friends who are hypersensitive and overprotective.

I am calm, MusicLovingAtheist. It appears to me that you enjoy trying to push people's buttons to try to get a reaction, which is a very childish approach to discussion. You've been on this site long enough to be completely aware that its ethos does not condone indiscriminate use of derogatory racist language. You have been warned about your posting behavior before, so your plea of ignorance is weak, at best. Though you didn't say so, it appears that you'd rather not be suspended. You're going to have to do better than "trying" to tone down your use of offensive terms.

You don't speak for developmentally disabled people, and your assertion that they aren't offended by the use of the terms "retard" and "retarded" is ridiculous bullshit.

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 04:58:44 PMI was just showing how absurd it is that people are offended by those words.

What you think is absurd is not the issue, and is completely irrelevant. Abide by the rules of this site, or you'll get an involuntary opportunity to look for someplace that's more willing to put up with your toxic spewage. I can guarantee that many members in those places will be much harsher toward you than the people here have been, though. You're welcome to keep posting here, as far as I'm concerned, but it really depends on whether you're willing to respect the norms of this place. If not, Scissorlegs has already suggested another site, and I can suggest one as well, where there's very little chance you'll ever be suspended, no matter what insensitive nonsense you post. But as I said, you'll likely get back much worse than you give there. PM me if you want the address.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

I spend a lot of time with people who used to be called 'retarded' and many are good friends.  I imagine a lot of them would be offended - I know it seriously annoys me.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Recusant on December 24, 2014, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 04:41:55 PMalright, calm down. I didn't know that retard and towel head were banned words. I am not used to censoring what I say. I will try to tone it down a bit. just fyi i wasn't planning on forming a eugenics council. Retard/retarded is not offensive to retarded people.  Just their myopic family and friends who are hypersensitive and overprotective.

I am calm, MusicLovingAtheist. It appears to me that you enjoy trying to push people's buttons to try to get a reaction, which is a very childish approach to discussion. You've been on this site long enough to be completely aware that its ethos does not condone indiscriminate use of derogatory racist language. You have been warned about your posting behavior before, so your plea of ignorance is weak, at best. Though you didn't say so, it appears that you'd rather not be suspended. You're going to have to do better than "trying" to tone down your use of offensive terms.

You don't speak for developmentally disabled people, and your assertion that they aren't offended by the use of the terms "retard" and "retarded" is ridiculous bullshit.

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 04:58:44 PMI was just showing how absurd it is that people are offended by those words.

What you think is absurd is not the issue, and is completely irrelevant. Abide by the rules of this site, or you'll get an involuntary opportunity to look for someplace that's more willing to put up with your toxic spewage. I can guarantee that many members in those places will be much harsher toward you than the people here have been, though. You're welcome to keep posting here, as far as I'm concerned, but it really depends on whether you're willing to respect the norms of this place. If not, Scissorlegs has already suggested another site, and I can suggest one as well, where there's very little chance you'll ever be suspended, no matter what insensitive nonsense you post. But as I said, you'll likely get back much worse than you give there. PM me if you want the address.

I am waiting to see that other site that scissorlegs has suggested. he never linked it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

Don't be offended, they're only words. A fucking dipstick like you shouldn't be offended by mere words should you?

Oooh, dangerous ground, T!

Something tells me you are not being serious, but I absolutely agree with the sentiment. It says nothing good about my person if I take offence at being called a few names.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on December 24, 2014, 09:18:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

Oooh, dangerous ground, T!

Something tells me you are not being serious, but I absolutely agree with the sentiment. It says nothing good about my person if I take offence at being called a few names.

Quite right, illustrative not serious.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Sorry, I thought you could do your own research.  However, my favourite is http://www.the600club.com. This is the most discerning of the bunch. Probably the strictest code. Some of Anton Lavey's original associates still post there. If you want to be a member you have to apply and they'll let you in a week or so later - stops fly-by posters and allows you some time to read before posting. I urge you to read up to understand your audience or you'll be crucified before you begin.

Another one run by an arrogant, elitist pedant calling himself Zach Black is https://www.satanicinternationalnetwork.com/social/. This is your archetypal ego-fest which I don't have much time for, but it's a much more popular and active site.

There are plenty more.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Michael1

I liked the earth before it was cool.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 24, 2014, 10:07:47 PM
Sorry, I thought you could do your own research.  However, my favourite is http://www.the600club.com. This is the most discerning of the bunch. Probably the strictest code. Some of Anton Lavey's original associates still post there. If you want to be a member you have to apply and they'll let you in a week or so later - stops fly-by posters and allows you some time to read before posting. I urge you to read up to understand your audience or you'll be crucified before you begin.

Another one run by an arrogant, elitist pedant calling himself Zach Black is https://www.satanicinternationalnetwork.com/social/. This is your archetypal ego-fest which I don't have much time for, but it's a much more popular and active site.

There are plenty more.
thank you. I am looking forward to posting there. I hope I am not too unintelligent for them. I have a strong feeling I will be. I will try to made that part of me discrete.

Siz

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 10:32:17 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 24, 2014, 10:07:47 PM

There are plenty more.
thank you. I am looking forward to posting there. I hope I am not too unintelligent for them. I have a strong feeling I will be. I will try to made that part of me discrete.

Good luck with that...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!