News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Teach the Controversy!

Started by Recusant, March 24, 2009, 03:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

From reDiscovery Institute:

26 elements added since 1923.  When will it end?   Good stuff.
I especially enjoy that they point out that Mendeleev was a bigamist.
(And yes, I do believe the reDiscovery Institute is a joke.)

Sorry if this has already been posted before. I did a search, but perhaps "Rediscovery Institute" is too vague.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Squid

I've seen that before, it's great stuff.  And, yes, they are a parody.  They make a good point with that pic though - it seems that evolutionary biology is one of the few parts of science that is heavily criticized by creationists but they have no problem with all other areas of biology although neuroscience is starting to really give them some problems.  Most have no problem with geology unless they're a YEC.  Most have no problems with cosmology unless they're a YEC or other biblical literalist.  So, why aren't they attacking the periodic table?  The only time chemistry is mentioned even remotely it's when they are attacking abiogenesis and calling it evolution.

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "Squid"So, why aren't they attacking the periodic table?

Because it doesn't threaten to throw a wrench into the workings of their religion?
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Twiddler

Yeah, I do think that it has been posted before in another thread, but anything making fun of ID is cool in my book...

twinleaf

I'm new...so never seen it. Funnay!!
Twinleaf....it's like two leaves...that match. Amazing.

SSY

My favorite bit is that the bible has been chopped and changed, translated, retranslated, interpretted, lost, found, buried in soft peat for three months and so on, that it is nearly unrecognisable now.

Also that poster is awesome.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick