News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Chaos Butterfly

Started by Pharaoh Cat, December 05, 2011, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharaoh Cat

It hit me this morning what a great tool the internet is for a chaos butterfly.  I can post thoughts and have them read by many in lots of places.  What multiplication!  What randomness!  Ripple, ripple.  All I have to do is be interesting! 

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on December 08, 2011, 09:23:00 AM
It hit me this morning what a great tool the internet is for a chaos butterfly.  I can post thoughts and have them read by many in lots of places.  What multiplication!  What randomness!  Ripple, ripple.  All I have to do is be interesting! 
And there you have the problem
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

I don't think you have to be interesting to make ripples.
There's say 500,000,000 sperm cells in an ejaculation.
I suggest some male who hasn't yet done their reproducing will see this turtle.
Seeing it will cause a different sperm to be successful some years hence, a wholly different person will exist because of the turtle.
The different person will create a whole different world.
Praise the turtle.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 08, 2011, 01:05:51 PM
Seeing it will cause a different sperm to be successful some years hence, a wholly different person will exist because of the turtle.

Wow.  I wonder if that's scientifically valid.  Nifty if it is!  :)
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 08, 2011, 01:05:51 PM
I don't think you have to be interesting to make ripples.
There's say 500,000,000 sperm cells in an ejaculation.
I suggest some male who hasn't yet done their reproducing will see this turtle.
The different person will create a whole different world.
Praise the turtle.

That turtle is up to something. Why won't he show his face?! >:(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.