News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Yes... I don't know why my phone does that. Then again it's probably my fat fingers.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on March 20, 2019, 01:41:19 PM
Yes... I don't know why my phone does that. Then again it's probably my fat fingers.

No. It's God just fucking with you!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

jumbojak

I finally received approval to publish these.

Retzev - Continuous Motion

I had to turn the ISO up to 800 to get the shutter speed and apertures I wanted for these. That particular class wasn't ideal for photos because of the large turnout and the heavy bags scattered about. But a few turned out okay. Still needs a bit of tuning though.

jumbojak

And nothing appears... I'll try again later. Flickr doesn't seem to play well here.

hermes2015

Good action shots. Available light always looks much better than flash.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Flash would've been innapropriate for that environment. Far too distracting.

jumbojak

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

That's a channel marker right next to the ferry, taken at about 8:00 at night with a 55 second exposure and a red intensifier filter. It does look like Barad-dûr, with the star effect due to the small aperture. I don't remember what that was set to.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant