News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on March 24, 2020, 12:09:07 PM
I see the old site is fixed, so I'll drop in again.  Greetings to one and all

Glad you are alive and kicking.

Magdalena

OldGit!
Hi!  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Hi. How are you doing?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Good to see you back!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

I/we missed you OG.  I am Most pleased that you have emerged again.

Magdalena

So,
I went to the store yesterday to buy some things I needed and this happened...

Signs have been placed on the floor to "teach" people who don't know how long a distance of 6 feet is. An old man comes and stands next to me. I asked him, "do you want to go ahead of me?" He looks at the signs on the floor and says, "I don't give a fuck about these signs, we're all gonna die eventually anyway."

I just went to the sign behind me and let him go before me. But that wasn't enough for him, so he went and stood next to the person paying.

A woman saw the whole thing and said to me, "Like my mother used to say, some people just won't kneel."

Most people are running away from death, and this guy is desperately looking for it.
:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on March 31, 2020, 10:08:25 PM
So,
I went to the store yesterday to buy some things I needed and this happened...

Signs have been placed on the floor to "teach" people who don't know how long a distance of 6 feet is. An old man comes and stands next to me. I asked him, "do you want to go ahead of me?" He looks at the signs on the floor and says, "I don't give a fuck about these signs, we're all gonna die eventually anyway."

I just went to the sign behind me and let him go before me. But that wasn't enough for him, so he went and stood next to the person paying.

A woman saw the whole thing and said to me, "Like my mother used to say, some people just won't kneel."

Most people are running away from death, and this guy is desperately looking for it.
:sad sigh:

If that guy were standing next to me I would get really angry and tell him to back off. If he wants to die that's fine, but it's really irresponsible of him to stand close to others who are doing what they need to do (such as buying supplies) while trying not to get infected by idiots who may be contaminated and are standing too close.  :rant1:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

the solution is to turn around and tell hgim

i tested positive for the virus earlier this week and i'm buying supplies for my hospital room right now.. if you keep standing this close to me i might give it to you.

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

The idiot virus has infected roughly 99.999998% of the human population.

xSilverPhinx

I'm going to make homemade pizza tonight. I hope the kitchen is still there and functional when I'm finished.  ;D

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
If that guy were standing next to me I would get really angry and tell him to back off.
:secrets1: I think he is a war veteran, I didn't want to get him angry.

If he wants to die that's fine, but it's really irresponsible of him to stand close to others who are doing what they need to do (such as buying supplies) while trying not to get infected by idiots who may be contaminated and are standing too close.  :rant1:
It is very irresponsible behavior, I agree with you. Maybe he feels invincible. "If bullets didn't kill him, nothing will"--attitude.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 01, 2020, 03:56:42 PM
I'm going to make homemade pizza tonight. I hope the kitchen is still there and functional when I'm finished.  ;D

L for love.

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2020, 07:11:16 PM
If that guy were standing next to me I would get really angry and tell him to back off.

If he wants to die that's fine, but it's really irresponsible of him to stand close to others who are doing what they need to do (such as buying supplies) while trying not to get infected by idiots who may be contaminated and are standing too close.  :rant1:
It is very irresponsible behavior, I agree with you. Maybe he feels invincible. "If bullets didn't kill him, nothing will"--attitude.

Yeah, sounds like an idiot.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2020, 07:17:17 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 01, 2020, 03:56:42 PM

L for love.

:grin:

:lol:

(Mission Pizza was a success! :grin:)

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 02, 2020, 12:15:24 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2020, 07:11:16 PM

Yeah, sounds like an idiot.

Covidiot? Don't be too intimidated by people who have been in the military. Some of them are the biggest candy-asses you will ever meet.