News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello Unbelievers!

Started by Doubting Thomas29, December 16, 2008, 05:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doubting Thomas29

Hi there guys and gals!

My screen name is doubting Thomas and my middle name is Thomas, how about that?  I like the story in the bible about doubting Thomas who said "I will not believe until I put my finger in his hand and touch the wound in his side."  That is my kind of disciple, sees all kinds of miracles and goes "Nahh, I don't believe that."  More people should try that, only believe half what you see and nothing of what you hear, but always believe what you want, and doubting Thomas wasn't about to believe that BS, amen to that!

So do we have any Barack Obama fans here?  Wow, I hope he is the messiah because we are going to need some miracles for this economy to turn around.  I think the economy is devestated because people put everything on credit card, and I mean everything, the problem with debt is, that money doesn't actually exist they are fictional dollars, so now it is like the government is going to make trillions of dollars magically come into existance, pretty scarry huh?  Has anyone ever heard of inflation?  Well this we will know well at the end of about four years, you watch!

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Doubting Thomas29"Hi there guys and gals!

My screen name is doubting Thomas and my middle name is Thomas, how about that?  I like the story in the bible about doubting Thomas who said "I will not believe until I put my finger in his hand and touch the wound in his side."  That is my kind of disciple, sees all kinds of miracles and goes "Nahh, I don't believe that."  More people should try that, only believe half what you see and nothing of what you hear, but always believe what you want, and doubting Thomas wasn't about to believe that BS, amen to that!

So do we have any Barack Obama fans here?  Wow, I hope he is the messiah because we are going to need some miracles for this economy to turn around.  I think the economy is devestated because people put everything on credit card, and I mean everything, the problem with debt is, that money doesn't actually exist they are fictional dollars, so now it is like the government is going to make trillions of dollars magically come into existance, pretty scarry huh?  Has anyone ever heard of inflation?  Well this we will know well at the end of about four years, you watch!

Yeah, how about that.

The economy is trashed because people, Wall Street and the government are irresponsible. There's no single scapegoat. Anyone who thinks there is is blissfully unaware of how the global economic system works. Thankfully, I am one of them, myself. Doesn't mean I don't know it's everyone's fault. "So, even though my income is only $25,000 a year, you're telling me I can afford this $300,000 house, as well as both our cars? Where do I sign?"

Lobotomies all around.

Obama isn't a messiah. Bush wasn't the anti-Christ. I wish both were true. Neither are.

Welcome to the forum.
-Curio

BadPoison

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"The economy is trashed because people, Wall Street and the government are irresponsible. There's no single scapegoat. Anyone who thinks there is is blissfully unaware of how the global economic system works. Thankfully, I am one of them, myself. Doesn't mean I don't know it's everyone's fault. "So, even though my income is only $25,000 a year, you're telling me I can afford this $300,000 house, as well as both our cars? Where do I sign?"

Right, it seems almost as if since realestate has done so well in the past (what, only two decades?) capitalists realized that the way to really grow your economy was to make up funny ways of grabbing new development/real estate: hence, sub-prime lending.

You're right, it was everyone's fault, capitalism's fault - but mostly lack of oversight. Someone, somewhere should have seen this coming (and many will claim that they did) ... I just hope we can learn from our mistakes. Things really aren't looking good.

And welcome to the forum, he-who's-middle-name-is-Thomas.

Tom62

Hi Doubting Thomas29, welcome to the club of unbelievers. My first name is also Thomas, but people call me Tom. Looks like that you've watched Zeitgeist Addendum as well as I did. I'm also concerned about the economical crisis, but like curiosity believe that there is no single scapegoat. From a rational point of view the whole situation is plain madness and is mainly caused by greed, stupidity, crazy money schemes and media hype. Whenever I buy something, I always check whether it is a good long term investment and whether I can afford it. Many people however buy too much on credit, look at short term gains only and buy whatever is recommended by their banks and the media. That goes well until the bubble bursts and people can't pay their bills any more.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Kyuuketsuki

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to the forum.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

karadan

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"

Yeah, how about that.

The economy is trashed because people, Wall Street and the government are irresponsible. There's no single scapegoat. Anyone who thinks there is is blissfully unaware of how the global economic system works. Thankfully, I am one of them, myself. Doesn't mean I don't know it's everyone's fault. "So, even though my income is only $25,000 a year, you're telling me I can afford this $300,000 house, as well as both our cars? Where do I sign?"

Lobotomies all around.

Obama isn't a messiah. Bush wasn't the anti-Christ. I wish both were true. Neither are.

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can help, Curio..

Abouth 9 months ago, when the crunch was first starting to really hit the headlines in the UK, i heard a clip on the radio. It was a clip of a big-time wall street guy (cannot remember his name) warning everyone in the financial markets that there was going to be a massive meltdown. It was recorded some five years ago. The reason i remember this clip is because the guy was so fired up. He was using expletives all over the place and was really really screaming. As far as i know it was at some sort of press conference only slightly related to the economy. One of the things i remember him saying was:

"These people are like children playing with adult toys. They do not know what they are doing and they will ruin this country to the core."

As far as i know, no one listened to him (well they couldn't have because the crunch still happened). I've been trying to find this clip everywhere but to no avail...
You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the net, and i was wondering if you knew what i was talking about.

Oh, and welcome Doubting Thomas29. Sorry for the derailment, but i thought it was apt :)
This forum is ace.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "karadan"Maybe you can help, Curio..

Abouth 9 months ago, when the crunch was first starting to really hit the headlines in the UK, i heard a clip on the radio. It was a clip of a big-time wall street guy (cannot remember his name) warning everyone in the financial markets that there was going to be a massive meltdown. It was recorded some five years ago. The reason i remember this clip is because the guy was so fired up. He was using expletives all over the place and was really really screaming. As far as i know it was at some sort of press conference only slightly related to the economy. One of the things i remember him saying was:

"These people are like children playing with adult toys. They do not know what they are doing and they will ruin this country to the core."

As far as i know, no one listened to him (well they couldn't have because the crunch still happened). I've been trying to find this clip everywhere but to no avail...
You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the net, and i was wondering if you knew what i was talking about.

Oh, and welcome Doubting Thomas29. Sorry for the derailment, but i thought it was apt ;)
-Curio

DennisK

Welcome.  It's good to have another who is middle named "Thomas".  Unite with me and we can rule the world!

The real powers that be are smarter than anyone gives credit for in regards to finance and many other subjects.  It's easy to find scapegoats, but are they really to blame?  With politicians we see anywhere from moderate to exceptional spin abilities only because they are public figures and we can verbally and visually scrutinize them.  We don't usually see the massive propaganda going on behind the scenes by the real power in this country and most for that matter.  With any critical moment in history, look who is gaining and you will see a different perspective.  I reserve the right to get back on my soapbox at any time without notice.

Keep doubting.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp

McQ

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"

Yeah, how about that.

Lobotomies all around.

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can help, Curio..

Oh, and welcome Doubting Thomas29. Sorry for the derailment, but i thought it was apt :)
This forum is ace.

That guy is Jim Cramer, and he is still on TV and radio and the net. He also wrote a good book, Confessions of a Street Addict about his work on Wall Street. He has been talking about the meltdown for some time, and I have found him to be a very perceptive (although unorthodox) investment genius.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Hey DT, welcome (back) to the forum.

Doubting Thomas29

Hello Latusthus nice to hear from you!

Squid

I guess I somehow totally missed this thread...hola DT *waves*