I fear being wrong. Should I read the bible and will it brainwash me?

Started by IDontHateBelievers, May 27, 2016, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Asmodean on May 31, 2016, 11:12:21 AM
...So what if the other brother fails to perform as well?

It's not a performance issue, unless by perform you mean live.
It's property rights.
If the other brother dies she goes to the next brother or if there's not one to some toothless uncle probably.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Velma

Icarus' advice about learning the history of the Bible is good. However, make sure you are looking at reliable sources. If you have questions, someone here could probably point you in the right direction. Unfortunately, right now I am a bit limited since all I have  access to is my tablet and slightly slow WiFi here at the hospital.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

If you fear being wrong, you should face your fears by exposing yourself to being wrong instead of running away by trying to avoid being wrong.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Apathy on June 01, 2016, 03:24:07 PM
If you fear being wrong, you should face your fears by exposing yourself to being wrong instead of running away by trying to avoid being wrong.
No you're wrong  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 01, 2016, 06:26:13 PM
No you're wrong  ;D
Not The Asmo though. He's perfect.  :)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Velma

Quote from: Asmodean on June 01, 2016, 07:22:14 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 01, 2016, 06:26:13 PM
No you're wrong  ;D
Not The Asmo though. He's perfect.  :)
That is a given. :)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan