News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

So you just died and...

Started by Ransom, November 30, 2011, 01:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ransom

You find out the Christian God (Trinity) does exist after choking on a hot dog (or whatever you prefer) and died. What argument would you use to keep God's "wrath" and "anger" from descending on you?
The law of the jungle says
You look after yourself
But I remember this much
I love as I've been loved myself.

Good and Godless

That I found it hard to believe in a God that had (and would act on) so much wrath and anger in the first place.
"A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectively on sympathy, education and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein
http://goodandgodless.blogspot.com/

Asmodean

None. If indeed such a fantasy came about, I would go to my man downstairs and attempt to set up a shop dedicated to research into permanent destruction of souls, which ought to be good business as weapons usually are, and/or to ruining god's paradise with whatever passes for highly toxic waste (Or something like that) there.

Then I would dedicate my eternity to payback for that "wrath" and "anger".
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I don't think reason would work.
Running, I assume that wouldn't work.
Fighting, he probably wants me to do that to justify his cruelty.

I'm going with this solution.

Whitney

If that really happened there would be no use arguing....can't change the mind of someone who has unreasonable rules and holds all the power.  It would be a big WTF moment and a time to 'pray' that those who believe hell is separation from god were right.

Asmodean

Hmm... An interesting thought... If christian god is supposed to be infinitely powerful (And I am talking mathematical infinity here, basically), that means that infinite power can indeed exist which in turn means that something, or someone, could be infinitely more powerful than the infinitely powerful god, yes? Because there really is no limit to infinity, but you can always add to it... Or multiply it...

That's what my Hellshop would be about, methink  ;D

Tant said, OP, presumably, you believe all that nonsense, so I reverse the question: what would you say when god's "wrath" and "anger" inevitably turned to you, you being a sinner and all? "Oh, forgive me, master! I regret, master! Can I lick your public-forum-acceptable euphemism for balls, master?"..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Ransom on November 30, 2011, 01:58:41 AM
You find out the Christian God (Trinity) does exist after choking on a hot dog (or whatever you prefer) and died. What argument would you use to keep God's "wrath" and "anger" from descending on you?

Hypotheticals such as this were part of what caused me to abandon any concept of God hating humanity.  Do you see how small this makes God look - it would be like me pouring gasoline on ants just to show them how angry I was that one of them stung me.  Assuming the truth of your hypothetical, there would be no argument to make.  God would simply pour gasoline on the unbelievers (petrol on the British unbelievers) and light the match.  If he's that angry, nothing could stop him.  On the other hand, if Jesus succeeded in his mission and "took away the sin of the world," then there would be nothing for God to be angry about. All would be forgiven. 

Sandra Craft

I'll go ahead and choke on the hot dog, I've always loved junk food.  So my choices are head out to Hell under my own steam or beg to spend eternity with a wrathful god.  Well, Satan may be wrathful too but somehow that doesn't seem so bad -- it's just par for the course rather than a huge disappointment.  The only thing I can imagine saying to the Xtian god is "adios".  
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 30, 2011, 03:12:46 AM
Hypotheticals such as this were part of what caused me to abandon any concept of God hating humanity.  Do you see how small this makes God look - it would be like me pouring gasoline on ants just to show them how angry I was that one of them stung me.  Assuming the truth of your hypothetical, there would be no argument to make.  God would simply pour gasoline on the unbelievers (petrol on the British unbelievers) and light the match.  If he's that angry, nothing could stop him.  On the other hand, if Jesus succeeded in his mission and "took away the sin of the world," then there would be nothing for God to be angry about. All would be forgiven. 

Or it could be that the South Park boys are 1/2 right and Heaven has only 4,000 people in it and everyone else is in Hell.  Just the reason for it would be different.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

First I'd ask: what the hell is the trinity? ???
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

How about asking it what 5 divided by 0 equals?

Ransom

Quote from: Asmodean on November 30, 2011, 02:29:32 AM
Hmm... An interesting thought... If christian god is supposed to be infinitely powerful (And I am talking mathematical infinity here, basically), that means that infinite power can indeed exist which in turn means that something, or someone, could be infinitely more powerful than the infinitely powerful god, yes? Because there really is no limit to infinity, but you can always add to it... Or multiply it...

That's what my Hellshop would be about, methink  ;D

Tant said, OP, presumably, you believe all that nonsense, so I reverse the question: what would you say when god's "wrath" and "anger" inevitably turned to you, you being a sinner and all? "Oh, forgive me, master! I regret, master! Can I lick your public-forum-acceptable euphemism for balls, master?"..?

I admit, if I were a mainstream protestant I'd be stuck for an answer. ;) However, I am not a mainstream protestant. I'm a Roman Catholic. So I believe I get my due. If I still have sin on my soul, but not enough to damn me, then it is purged in purgatory.
The law of the jungle says
You look after yourself
But I remember this much
I love as I've been loved myself.

xSilverPhinx

Meat balls?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 30, 2011, 03:39:23 AM

Is that the answer?
Stuff yourself on FSM noodles till you choke and die and then vomit on Gawd, who will then be consumed by the resurrected FSM?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 30, 2011, 03:44:43 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 30, 2011, 03:39:23 AM

Is that the answer?
Stuff yourself on FSM noodles till you choke and die and then vomit on Gawd, who will then be consumed by the resurrected FSM?

Sounds as good as any other! ;D