News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

You Tube video help

Started by Whitney, October 13, 2009, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyttEu_NLU

I need the above video downloaded and then converted to something that will play using windows media player.  I've tried a few online converter things and they didn't work correctly...one is taking litterally hours and still isn't done and the other just converted it to audio only.

This is for my husband, he can't download new programs onto his teacher's laptop...which is why it has to work with the default windows media player format.

LoneMateria

Um... I don't know if this will be helpful or not but I've heard of programs that will record everything you do on a computer.  I heard they convert it to mpegs or avi files.  I don't know the names of any but if you can find a free one just play the video on your computer and it should record the video and sound.  It won't just show the video it will show everything.  At least thats what I've heard of.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

MariaEvri

I have a program, its called 4U AVI MPEG Converter
I downloaded it from online, so I dont know if Im allowed to give a link here...
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

LoneMateria

Quote from: "MariaEvri"I have a program, its called 4U AVI MPEG Converter
I downloaded it from online, so I dont know if Im allowed to give a link here...

Can you download videos from youtube?  If so then yeah just get a converter.  I think mine is called 3GP but its an old converter.  It let me convert into the MP4 format and I was able to download seasons of Family Guy and put them on my Ipod to watch at work.  ^_^ Yeah my job was that awesome.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Whitney

I found a firefox extension called "Media Converter" that worked.

Will

Click here. This will give you an .mp4 download at 480x360 of the youtube video. Windows Media player has plenty of codecs, but all you really need is the codec package. The Vista codec package can be found here or the XP here. Once installed, you should be able to play mp4 videos in Media Player.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Quote from: "Will"Click here. This will give you an .mp4 download at 480x360 of the youtube video. Windows Media player has plenty of codecs, but all you really need is the codec package. The Vista codec package can be found here or the XP here. Once installed, you should be able to play mp4 videos in Media Player.

Thanks....i couldn't figure out what codex I needed before and didn't want to screw up my computer.  I'll ask hubby if he can install the codex on his laptop...that would make the process a lot easier.

pckizer

Quote from: "Whitney"I found a firefox extension called "Media Converter" that worked.

Did it actually do a conversion saving the video as a new file in a different format?  And, did it work on his machine?

If you still need a conversion, I've used the ffmpeg command-line utility to do a conversion from mp4 (30MB) to wmv (28MB) and can make it available to you.

Lemme know,
Philip

Whitney

Quote from: "pckizer"
Quote from: "Whitney"I found a firefox extension called "Media Converter" that worked.

Did it actually do a conversion saving the video as a new file in a different format?  And, did it work on his machine?

If you still need a conversion, I've used the ffmpeg command-line utility to do a conversion from mp4 (30MB) to wmv (28MB) and can make it available to you.

Lemme know,
Philip

Hey Phillip :)

It saved as WMA just by entering the you tube link and it played on my computer (which is a standard install of Vista).  I think it might be one of those programs where you can use it a few times online for free then they start wanting to charge.