News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Impeachment anyone?

Started by joeactor, September 27, 2019, 09:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling since I hadn't seen a topic on this one yet...

Thoughts?

(mine: About Damn TIME!)

Sandra Craft

I think it'll ultimately come down to a waste of time and money, but on the other hand I love it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

I don't think it will have much effect on the coming presidential election: At this point, very few people in the US are undecided in regards to the current president, and I don't think this is going to sway many one way or another. After seeing the US reelect Reagan, I resigned myself to pessimism when considering presidential elections. Of course I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

He may be impeached in due course, but there's practically no chance the Senate will convict.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

My take is that Pelosi was "dragging her feet" for two reasons- starting now will keep it in the news all the way through the election cycle, and if Pence gets the same treatment (after the chump threw him under the bus by claiming that Pence had also talked to Ukrainian officials) and they are removed, she is the president. That's going to cause a gigantic kerfuffle with the republicans! For that matter, Macauley, Barr and Giuliani are also implicated.

Anne D.

The problem is my fellow fucking Americans. Trump is doing blatantly impeachable shit almost every day. Why couldn't he be impeached for lying about the traitor he chose for his first national security advisor? Why couldn't he be impeached for excluding all American press from the Oval Office when he hosted the Russian ambassador and some other Russian official and told them the "pressure [was] off" since he'd just fired Comey? The list of egregious on-the-record, thoroughly reported shit just goes on and on. He's so skewed what normal is. I'm so embarrassed and disheartened by my fellow Americans that the political will isn't there to impeach the MF already. People are still ENTHUSIASTIC about this guy. At this point, I feel like we Americans deserve what we get. If that many of my countryman are that fucking stupid, uninformed, and uncaring, then our country deserves to spiral into oblivion. To quote the orangutan, "Sad."

Tom62

It will be waste of money and effort. It could even backfire tremendously. The democrats has to come up with a good presidential candidate to beat Trump in 2020. This impeachment process makes it look like that they don't have one and that they are now desperately looking for other means to throw Trump out of office.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

jumbojak

Quote from: Tom62 on September 28, 2019, 09:02:08 AM
It will be waste of money and effort. It could even backfire tremendously. The democrats has to come up with a good presidential candidate to beat Trump in 2020. This impeachment process makes it look like that they don't have one and that they are now desperately looking for other means to throw Trump out of office.

Yup.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

joeactor

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 27, 2019, 11:05:33 PM
My take is that Pelosi was "dragging her feet" for two reasons- starting now will keep it in the news all the way through the election cycle, and if Pence gets the same treatment (after the chump threw him under the bus by claiming that Pence had also talked to Ukrainian officials) and they are removed, she is the president. That's going to cause a gigantic kerfuffle with the republicans! For that matter, Macauley, Barr and Giuliani are also implicated.

President Pelosi... the ultimate 3-D Chess game?

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on September 28, 2019, 09:02:08 AM
... This impeachment process makes it look like that they don't have one and that they are now desperately looking for other means to throw Trump out of office.
:smileshake:
Trump did this to himself, many times already, like Anne D. said:
Quote from: Anne D. on September 28, 2019, 05:53:00 AM
...Trump is doing blatantly impeachable shit almost every day...
So now the democrats look bad for trying to stop him from doing more shit?
:picard facepalm:
Dios mio!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

I don't want Trump as President, but I fear this will have negative effects on the election.  However, now it looks like public opinion may be moving in favor of impeachment.  That being said, it's almost impossible to conceive that the Senate will convict him.  That would mean that about 20 GOP Senators would have to vote against him to get the 2/3 majority required by the Constitution.  If you added all the moral integrity of each GOP Senator together, you might have enough for 2-3 people, so that ain't gonna do it.  They are all too far up his ass to act on their own - they are all polyps on Trump's colon at this point.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 30, 2019, 02:33:10 AM
...- they are all polyps on Trump's colon at this point.
Dios mio! That image in my head!
:picard facepalm:

Why?
Why do I keep coming back for more!?

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 30, 2019, 02:33:10 AM
I don't want Trump as President, but I fear this will have negative effects on the election.  However, now it looks like public opinion may be moving in favor of impeachment.  That being said, it's almost impossible to conceive that the Senate will convict him.  That would mean that about 20 GOP Senators would have to vote against him to get the 2/3 majority required by the Constitution.  If you added all the moral integrity of each GOP Senator together, you might have enough for 2-3 people, so that ain't gonna do it.  They are all too far up his ass to act on their own - they are all polyps on Trump's colon at this point.

I hope you are wrong. I fear you are absolutely right. Second term anybody?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.