News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Death: An Atheist's Perspective

Started by Whitney, September 20, 2010, 02:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWilliam

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"Or fed to the buzzards.  

There are places that can do that legally in the U.S.  It's called a natural burial or something...I just know someone who knows someone who's land is used for it sometimes.

that sounds mega awesome. seems more like how it should be.

now my imagination is running i wouldn't mind if kids made toys out of my bones.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "TheWilliam"now my imagination is running i wouldn't mind if kids made toys out of my bones.
When I was younger I had wanted my hands made into bookends and my skull hollowed out and converted to a candy dish.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

TheWilliam

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "TheWilliam"now my imagination is running i wouldn't mind if kids made toys out of my bones.
When I was younger I had wanted my hands made into bookends and my skull hollowed out and converted to a candy dish.

i would totally buy your skull off ebay and fill it with red, pink and yellow starbursts.

but it needs to be listed as "buy it now" i don't have the patience for auctions.

thank you.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "TheWilliam"

i would totally buy your skull off ebay and fill it with red, pink and yellow starbursts.

but it needs to be listed as "buy it now" i don't have the patience for auctions.

thank you.
That is deeply meaningful to me.  Thank you, kind sir.

there I go getting misty eyed
All hail Cancer Jesus!

NothingSacred

What are you plans for the reproductive organs? I just watched a doco on ed gein and I think I may have a business proposition for you!
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices -William James
Anything worth knowing is difficult to learn- Greek Proverb
what if god ain't looking down what if he's looking up instead-Ani difranco "what if no one's watching

TheWilliam

i could actually use a new ballbag myself. not the contents, but just the bag.

color is not an issue, but no tattoos please.

wildfire_emissary

"Must not all things at the last be swallowed up in death?" -Plato

I'd like to die like my gramps.
He was silently taken by death in his sleep.
Unlike the noisy passengers of the bus he was driving.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

PoopShoot

Quote from: "NothingSacred"What are you plans for the reproductive organs? I just watched a doco on ed gein and I think I may have a business proposition for you!
They all tell me I'm an asshat.  I suppose I could become one in death, too.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

NothingSacred

Quote from: "NothingSacred"What are you plans for the reproductive organs? I just watched a doco on ed gein and I think I may have a business proposition for you!
You know that could be a possibility so long as you arent hairy ...too much clean up
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices -William James
what if god ain't looking down what if he's looking up instead-Ani difranco "what if no one's watching

NothingSacred

Quote from: "TheWilliam"i could actually use a new ballbag myself. not the contents, but just the bag.

color is not an issue, but no tattoos please.
If you find one let me know .My coin purse has a hole in it and im in the market for a new one. My husband wont let me use his...love stinks  lol

PoopShoot

Quote from: "NothingSacred"
You know that could be a possibility so long as you arent hairy ...too much clean up
Just in the hole.  The rest is fairly bald.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Hanabishi

Death really scares. The vision that someday  I will not exist FOREVER, terryfies me. I know that human beings should not fear the unknown, because the unknown doesn't always mean something terrible. But death isn't such a thing. We can't feel it, we can't see it, we can't stop it and we can't go back from her. I cant deal with death and the most sad thing is that I ca't make peace with that. I cant accept it,  so I run. Im trying to forget about death by doing things that absorbs my mind. And the fear always comes back. Sometimes Im afraid I will lose my mind

P.S.-Thank you Whitney for creating this topic :)

notself

There.  Not there.  The whole thing is bizarre.

Hanabishi, I suggest that you think about death.  Sit down and think about it.  Pay attention to your feelings about death, not trying to change them but just observe them.  Think about change and impermanence.  Think about the child you used to be and the adult you are now.  Don't avoid thinking about death but as you do think about it also think about the yesterday that is gone and the tomorrow that has not come.  Think about now, this minute, this second which does not contain death.

Think about this second which contains life.  

Drink more water.  Eat your vegetables. Exercise.  Get your Vitamin D checked.

chrisbellekom

Hello HAFmembers,

Thans to Whitney for starting this thread. Good to be able to give my perspective in context.

Death is a fact.
One second I'm aware, the next I'm not.
It's a liberating thought that everything ends. If someone offered me perpetual existance, I'd kill myself.
It's a good thing death exists, death makes me enjoy life all the more...

As for organs... Harvest what may be needed. Bury the husk that remains.

Enjoy this friday  ;)
[size=90]
===============================================================
"To you I'm an Atheist. To God I'm the Loyal Opposition - Woody Allen (Stardust memories)
[/size]

pinkocommie

Quote from: "chrisbellekom"Hello HAFmembers,

Thans to Whitney for starting this thread. Good to be able to give my perspective in context.

Death is a fact.
One second I'm aware, the next I'm not.
It's a liberating thought that everything ends. If someone offered me perpetual existance, I'd kill myself.
It's a good thing death exists, death makes me enjoy life all the more...

As for organs... Harvest what may be needed. Bury the husk that remains.

Enjoy this friday  ;)

I agree with all of this except the burial part.  Do you actually care about being buried?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/