News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Debate tip

Started by Kestrel, January 13, 2007, 01:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kestrel

For anyone wanting to take a somewhat different tact toward the anti-evolution stance of many christians;

Simply point out that the very thing they are arguing against, evolution, is also the very thing they are arguing for[/b].

:idea:

Intellectually and Scripturally, it's ironclad, not to mention oh so tasty!

I could explain further, but I feel that lately my posts have been wordy.
Besides, I've read through much of this forum and feel many posters can work out what I'm saying.

Any questions, I'm available.
Cheers.
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

Squid

....hmmm, yes...tasty....indeed...

....let them eat cake!

...no wait - someone took that one already.  I must go meditate in a cave upon this...

donkeyhoty

as long as it's not Plato's cave, he doesn't take kindly to trespassers, unless, of course, you only appear to be trespassing.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Chris Johnston

Quote from: "Kestrel"For anyone wanting to take a somewhat different tact toward the anti-evolution stance of many christians;

Simply point out that the very thing they are arguing against, evolution, is also the very thing they are arguing for[/b].

:idea:

Intellectually and Scripturally, it's ironclad, not to mention oh so tasty!

I could explain further, but I feel that lately my posts have been wordy.
Besides, I've read through much of this forum and feel many posters can work out what I'm saying.

Any questions, I'm available.
Cheers.

Okay, I'll be the sucker...How so? I haven't heard this one before.

McQ

Chris, it's doubtful you will receive a reply, as this post is a year old. So don't get too worried if your request goes unanswered.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Arie

I agree, evolution occurs on many different aspects and not just the usual topic point of biological evolution. What Christians eventually must realize is that evolution is completely compatible with the reality of God, and the fact that humans came from animals does not debase our existence.  Imo, it should really humble us and help take ourselves less seriously.  I believe evolution is part of the divine plan... to develop creatures who can be moral, strive for perfection, create civilizations, and have a relationship with the Eternal Friend. :cheers:

Ezequiel Medvietzky

WTF? don't jump a year old message.... that's stupid...