News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Public Displays of Affection (PDA)

Started by Mocha Chief, February 04, 2012, 05:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Melmoth on February 05, 2012, 07:57:12 PM
The more you get to know a person the more you realise - they're utterly insane. :D Some people are just better at acting normal than others.

Ain't that the truth. It's a good thing I'm a decent actor.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Just for the record, hand holding is okay, but I am totally against public displays of affection. It's really fucking gross (doesnt matter who you are.)
I get flustered kissing my gf on the lips to say "see you later hun" in public. But making out? No. I would definitely say something to that couple.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Weird... Am I the only one who is completely untouched by such displays here..? Wonder why?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on February 06, 2012, 05:08:57 PMWeird... Am I the only one who is completely untouched by such displays here..? Wonder why?
It is a bit complicated for me, it all depends on the amount of room in the general area and the proximity of the people, but what they're doing usually has no effect on the calculation. But since I do not like being touched, any physical contact of any kind is uncomfortable for me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on February 06, 2012, 05:08:57 PM
Weird... Am I the only one who is completely untouched by such displays here..? Wonder why?
I think like davin says its different for everyone depending on the personal space. A public bus or elevator in my opinion just really seems tacky and shameless.
I dunno. I personally dont enjoy the spectacle, nor the sounds of 'sucking face'.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Better to ride an elevator with a happy-seeming couple sucking faces than with a bunch of people who try not to look at each other while wearing long-suffering expressions.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on February 06, 2012, 05:23:24 PM
Better to ride an elevator with a happy-seeming couple sucking faces than with a bunch of people who try not to look at each other while wearing long-suffering expressions.
But their suffering gives me strength!
I'm a weirdo who actually enjoys the long akward silences in elevators.
It's only irritating when out of nowhere the person gets off with a "have a nice day! :) " and i'm like "wtf...??"

Crow

Your not the only one.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on February 06, 2012, 05:28:10 PM

Your not the only one.
Good. Was beginning to wonder.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on February 06, 2012, 05:23:24 PMBetter to ride an elevator with a happy-seeming couple sucking faces than with a bunch of people who try not to look at each other while wearing long-suffering expressions.
It doesn't bother me either way, so long as their proximity is proportionate to my ideal and they're not touching me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

pytheas

unconciously extrovert

in a park in England, behind a bush and by an orchard tree there was a sunny May day.
Me and a passionate warm Irish lass were making out, and i wanted to show her yogi tree-hanging stances.So, there we were for 20 min changing liking, thrusting and coming.
At culmination while we hugged sitting on the grass, we were interrupted in our serenity bu shouting clapping and cheering.

as it was from an opening in one angle, we had a clear view ~ 80 meters on the adjacent hilltop to a company of 5 boys and 4 girls who watched while picknicking and drinking in earnest and at the end gave us a standing ovation.

i have no moral problem to people making out in public
Unless children are involved which perplexes the issue and is not a good idea,
if i am currently covered with a partner i get exited watching  and hurry to the partner to "share" the idea.
If I am not currently covered with a partner i get upset and angry at me and my predicament as the spectacle reminds me of my lack.
all this emotion is not Moral
there is NO indecent exposure, only circumstancially inappropriate exposure
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Crow

Quote from: pytheas on February 06, 2012, 07:04:38 PM
in a park in England...

Its what they were made for. Picnics, footy, underage binge drinking, and displays of public fornication.
Retired member.

Ali

No.  I don't really care as long as they don't touch me.  Not that I'm even really big on the whole "Don't touch me!" thing like some people are.  I don't mind being touched in general, but being touched by someone that was  making out with someone else might be weird.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 06, 2012, 11:33:07 PM

No.  I don't really care as long as they don't touch me.  Not that I'm even really big on the whole "Don't touch me!" thing like some people are.  I don't mind being touched in general, but being touched by someone that was  making out with someone else might be weird.

Exactly. And that's the only reason I was kinda startled on the bus. They were right next to me, and they were strangers doing something pretty intimate, on a public bus, within arms length of me. Had my daughter been there with me, I imagine I would have had some interesting explaining to do.  ;)

Public displays of affection in general don't bother me at all. I can walk past two people kissing on a street corner or making out on a park bench, and think nothing of it. Heck, I've done both myself.  ;D It's just that I wouldn't personally do those things when I was practically touching shoulders with strangers, so I'm always a bit surprised when others seem to have no issue with it. My only exception is New Year's Eve. I LOVE New Year's, it's prettymuch a favourite holiday, and if I happen to be jam packed elbow to elbow in a crowd waiting for a countdown, I don't care who's touching me... at midnight I'm kissing my sweetie, and that's that!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 06, 2012, 05:26:53 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on February 06, 2012, 05:23:24 PM
But their suffering gives me strength!
I'm a weirdo who actually enjoys the long akward silences in elevators.
It's only irritating when out of nowhere the person gets off with a "have a nice day! :) " and i'm like "wtf...??"

I'm fine with uncomfortable silences too, not good with the talking.  But I am tempted, when somebody says "have a nice day!" to say "up yours!" in the same friendly tone.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany