News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

My song parody

Started by rickrocks, April 12, 2012, 10:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickrocks

I penned these lyrics back in '06. As a way of jumping in my first puddle here at HAF, I'd like to share them with you.

Gather 'round the campfire, folks, and sing this tune together, to the tune of "Home On The Range"...

Oh give me a home where the skeptical roam
Where it's good to ask questions all day
Where seldom is heard an illogical word
And the terror of hell goes away

Home, home on the earth
Where it's woman, not God, who gives birth
It's just fine for me to accept things I see...
Without over-inflating their worth.

Ain't I clever?

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Why am I hearing banjo music in my head?  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: rickrocks on April 12, 2012, 10:16:51 PM
I penned these lyrics back in '06. As a way of jumping in my first puddle here at HAF, I'd like to share them with you.

Gather 'round the campfire, folks, and sing this tune together, to the tune of "Home On The Range"...

Oh give me a home where the skeptical roam
Where it's good to ask questions all day
Where seldom is heard an illogical word
And the terror of hell goes away

Home, home on the earth
Where it's woman, not God, who gives birth
It's just fine for me to accept things I see...
Without over-inflating their worth.

Ain't I clever?
Bravo!!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Pretty good.  An atheist wierd Al maybe??
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

rickrocks

I love Weird Al. Tell you the truth, personality-wise I'm more of a Kurt Vonnegut type, not that I'm a world-famous writer, nor am I dead. But one of my faves by Weird Al is "Everything You Know Is Wrong". That's sort of a signature song for my family. I also bust up laughing when I hear/see "Amish Paradise". I'm chuckling just typing the words.

Buddy

Quote from: rickrocks on April 19, 2012, 05:55:49 PM
I love Weird Al. Tell you the truth, personality-wise I'm more of a Kurt Vonnegut type, not that I'm a world-famous writer, nor am I dead. But one of my faves by Weird Al is "Everything You Know Is Wrong". That's sort of a signature song for my family. I also bust up laughing when I hear/see "Amish Paradise". I'm chuckling just typing the words.

I would sure hope not!  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

musicality

;D that is just amazing.
"Music is prophecy. Its styles are ahead of the rest of society because
it explores, much faster than material reality can, the entire range of
possibilities."