News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

I just got another guitar!!!

Started by Asherah, April 11, 2012, 02:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asherah

Here's a photo of the new guitar I just brought home!! http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-artcore-af75-hollowbody-electric-guitar

It's crazy how cheap it is. It sounds amazing!! It has a really nice jazz tone with a fender amp. Nice blues tone too. I'm so pumped!! I've been playing on a Larivee acoustic for years. And, I am completely floored at how easy it is to play this guitar. I used to think my playing was sloppy until I picked up this new guitar. I guess the electric strings are just a lot softer and the fret board is just smoother and easier to play. So, now I know what I've been missing! I just need to get an amp now. I tried it with the fender amp at the store, but I don't have one yet. Can't wait!
As a scientist, I am hostile to fundamentalist religion because it actively debauches the scientific enterprise. It teaches us not to change our minds, and not to want to know exciting things that are available to be known. It subverts science and saps the intellect. - Dawkins

Stevil

So beautiful!

I love guitars.
I own a white Les Paul Studio, a Vester stage series (beginner's guitar), and a Washburn acoustic.
Not to mention I have about 5 miniature decorative guitars.

Tank

Wow! That looks good.

YouTube demo required!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asherah

I want to do a youtube demo! Once I get the amp, I will do it for sure!
As a scientist, I am hostile to fundamentalist religion because it actively debauches the scientific enterprise. It teaches us not to change our minds, and not to want to know exciting things that are available to be known. It subverts science and saps the intellect. - Dawkins

Tank

Quote from: Asherah on April 12, 2012, 03:11:26 AM
I want to do a youtube demo! Once I get the amp, I will do it for sure!

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Good for you, Asherah!  I'm happy for you.

Asmodean

Nice! I prefer different hardware myself, but still... Nice.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Beachdragon

Great!  I used to play acoustic guitar when I was a kid.  I'd love to pick it back up again, but I can't decide between guitar, lute or Irish harp. 

Tank

Quote from: Beachdragon on April 12, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Great!  I used to play acoustic guitar when I was a kid.  I'd love to pick it back up again, but I can't decide between guitar, lute or Irish harp. 
I've always liked the harp. It always seemed a much more intuitive instrument than a guitar.

Asherah

Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 09:30:48 AM

What kind do you like?

Asherah

Quote from: Stevil on April 11, 2012, 04:09:29 AM
So beautiful!

I love guitars.
I own a white Les Paul Studio, a Vester stage series (beginner's guitar), and a Washburn acoustic.
Not to mention I have about 5 miniature decorative guitars.

Oooo, Les Paul is nice. My husband had a gold Les Paul for years and loved it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Asherah on April 13, 2012, 02:54:58 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 09:30:48 AM

What kind do you like?

Jacksons

Fenders if a more conventional look is called for.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Asherah

Nice! Is that a Jackson Kelly? I'm assuming you play HM? My husband plays guitar in a metal band. :)

Asherah

I found a bass amp that my husband used to use for practice. So, I'm hooking up to that tonight and will make a youtube video. Doesn't sound exactly right, but not bad.  :)

Tank

Quote from: Asherah on April 14, 2012, 02:57:28 AM
I found a bass amp that my husband used to use for practice. So, I'm hooking up to that tonight and will make a youtube video. Doesn't sound exactly right, but not bad.  :)

Awaiting with excitement!