News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Crop Circles!!!

Started by saturnine, December 13, 2007, 04:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saturnine

In addition to the existence of God, these things seem very hard to understand. The arguments that I have right now for their explanation are:
1 - Aliens are doing it!
2 - Some kind of religious-God type of power creates them
3- They can be explained scientifically because of natural electron-wind disturbances in our atmosphere
4 - Government conspiracy! 1984!
5 - These things are a hoax

So if people feel that aliens make these things, are these the same type of people that are gullible enough to believe in God? And if so, why would they not take these as a sign from God (proving His existence?), rather than get into the paranoid alien and government conspiracy type of thinking? I know that some of them have been shown to be hoaxes, but some of them also have such intricate patterns and the way the crops are bent shows that people could not have done this. Scienetist have measured weird radio-waves or something similar in and around these things.

Thoughts?

Bella

I find it extremely amusing that some people believe that there are aliens out there who are so superior and yet so interested in humans that they need to kidnap us secretly and do anal probes. Because, once again, human beings are the most interesting and important beings of all time. So important, in fact, that aliens have nothing better to do than to make holes in our crops. (I'm not saying that it's impossible that there is other life out there, just that they're not showing up in flying saucers at midnight.)

I don't know much about them, I've always assumed that they were hoaxes. I'm sure in some way, some people believe that God DOES have something to do with them... as in, sending aliens. I dunno... some also probably think that since the Bible doesn't talk about aliens, that they don't exist and that the circles are fake (or, demon-work).

bitter_sweet_symphony

QuoteSo if people feel that aliens make these things, are these the same type of people that are gullible enough to believe in God? And if so, why would they not take these as a sign from God (proving His existence?), rather than get into the paranoid alien and government conspiracy type of thinking?
I find believing in aliens more exciting than believing in god. The worst that the aliens do is kidnap us when we sleep and cause tiny incision marks on our body. That's better than eternal hell.
No, I don't believe in crop circles, but I do get excited if I see a few lights in the night sky moving erratically (even if they are only weather balloons).

SteveS

I saw some guys on T.V. that made the crop circles, even videotaped themselves doing it, and then watched the discovers claim they detected strange EMF forces and deduce that the way the crops were bent it couldn't have been humans doing it --- but the humans taped themselves doing it!

I think the same problem plagues the UFO folks - people have deliberately submitted doctored photographs only to have the "expert" labs "determine" that the photos could NOT have been faked.  But they were.

In short - I highly distrust the scientific accuracy of the "experts" that support these sorts of findings.  Crop circles are made by people.

Steve Reason

Did someone say "anal"??  :badgrin:  :wink:

I vote for #5. Is there another option?

Anyway, it better not be those damn aliens! First they probe us, kill our cows, and marry our less intelligent females, and now they're playing maypole in our crops!? What's next--dog shaving?

:D
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Mister Joy

I wouldn't call them a hoax... I'd just call them an archaic form of graffiti art. If people are stupid enough to associate them with aliens then all's for the better! Just goes to make them more funky.

ryanvc76

Hmm... maybe the plants are capable of thought and communication and are the ones screwing with the big stupid humans.
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

Steve Reason

Quote from: "ryanvc76"Hmm... maybe the plants are capable of thought and communication and are the ones screwing with the big stupid humans.

Ryan was never heard from again.  :D
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

shoruke

My theory is that, even though the odds of a planet being capable of sustaining life are tiny, one in every x-many is still able to, like Earth. So, if we searched about 3 million planets (surely there ARE that many?) we'll be likely to find another planet with life.
Wouldn't it be funny to go to another solar system, and find a planet exactly like Earth? And Everyone speaks the earth languages and has the same religions? It'd be like...

*Touches down on Neo-Earth*
Me: Hi.
Neo-Earthian: Thou Speakest English! Praise the Lord for sending us-
Me: Umm, there is no lord. We thought there was on my planet too, but there's not.
Neo-Earthian: ...Frick. Now what?
Me: Burn the Church.
Crazy Mob: BURN THE CHURCH
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

McQ

Quote from: "shoruke"My theory is that, even though the odds of a planet being capable of sustaining life are tiny, one in every x-many is still able to, like Earth. So, if we searched about 3 million planets (surely there ARE that many?) we'll be likely to find another planet with life.
Wouldn't it be funny to go to another solar system, and find a planet exactly like Earth? And Everyone speaks the earth languages and has the same religions? It'd be like...

*Touches down on Neo-Earth*
Me: Hi.
Neo-Earthian: Thou Speakest English! Praise the Lord for sending us-
Me: Umm, there is no lord. We thought there was on my planet too, but there's not.
Neo-Earthian: ...Frick. Now what?
Me: Burn the Church.
Crazy Mob: BURN THE CHURCH

Good theory. You're in good company. Check out this from a guy named Frank Drake. It's a little equation he created to attempt to put some real numbers together for just this kind of theory.

Link to The Drake Equation:

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/To ... ation.html
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Mister Joy

Good link!

donkeyhoty

"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

jassi4010709

here is the take on crop circles, from a previous ufologist .

most are man made. FACT.

however, some are not.FACT

i have seen some crop circles in my lifetime with EXTREMELY advanced geometric patterns in perfect form,angle and porportion.

the belief that a few guys made it with a few planks of wood and torches in the middle of the night in a few hours is impossible.

however, this (in my belief) is the work of hormonic vibrations/waves directed at that area(or possibly ending there).
not neccessarily an alien technology as the government does have it.

but the strong geometric patterns of a few ,also the extreme sizes and perfect display,are most positively not the work of people in fields.

myleviathan

People love to jump to rediculous conclusions. They witness something they are not able to explain, and then they adopt the opinion that makes the LEAST sense!
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Evolved

Oh, how quickly we forget Occam's razor.  I vote for #5.

There is a distinct chance that life exists elsewhere in the universe;  I doubt, however, that they zip across light years just to confuse us by squishing some plants around.
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen