News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

HAF fb page and timeline

Started by Whitney, March 07, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

The new timeline for business changes are making it so that every page has to come up with a cover photo (I'm going through the 10 or so pages I help admin and trying to fix them up...fun times)

I figure the cover photo is a great opportunity for members to showcase whatever they want (provided that it complies with HAF rules :) )

So, if you have something you want to display on the top of the HAF fb page then let me know; credit will be given in the about section that shows below the photo...also feel free to photoshop your name or whatever onto the photo.

We'll switch them out regularly (if I forget, remind me).

It would be best if you can make the image the correct size  851 px wide by 315px tall...but the top and bottom can be cropped off when uploading to facebook.

For reference:  http://facebookcoversize.com/

Oh, make your submissions by posting them to the wall of the HAF fb page https://www.facebook.com/HappyAtheist   I think it allows big images.

Buddy

What if the photoshop competent people put together a collage of the user icons? then every once in a while, we could update it for the newbs?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

I shall leave this for all the talented artists to do something. Please feel free to use any photos I have posted here as raw material.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 07, 2012, 03:06:49 AM
What if the photoshop competent people put together a collage of the user icons? then every once in a while, we could update it for the newbs?

I don't do face book, I've done the collage thing though, haven't done an Easter one yet.
The supper, the last one, if someone does this I will be more than disappointed if I'm not at the table.  I did say at it, not on it!
Who wants to get nailed? 
Who wants to carry the choc egg basket?
Zombie anyone?

Buddy

How do you guys like this? I'm really sorry if I forgot anybody, I'll add you if you want

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 07, 2012, 02:47:57 PM
How do you guys like this? I'm really sorry if I forgot anybody, I'll add you if you want

I'd like you to get rid of the white background behind me, I think ditching the background for most is good but particularly if it's white.  The Haf fish, it's not working yet, I'm not sure how (maybe black and blur and bevel it) but burnt into the wood would be nice.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 07, 2012, 02:59:06 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 07, 2012, 02:47:57 PM

I'd like you to get rid of the white background behind me, I think ditching the background for most is good but particularly if it's white.  The Haf fish, it's not working yet, I'm not sure how (maybe black and blur it) but burnt into the wood would be nice.

Okay, let me try that

Buddy

I definently like it better now.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 07, 2012, 03:53:25 PM
I definently like it better now.

And yet?

The haf fish looks much better.

Buddy

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 07, 2012, 04:10:10 PM
And yet what?

That's an itch, it's better but it's never quite right.
It wasn't a specific poke, more a philosophical never quite right thing.  :)

Buddy

I don't quite like how the haf fish turned out. I've been tweaking it a little here and there.