I don't believe in ethics or morality.

Started by Stevil, February 22, 2012, 09:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: pytheas on April 23, 2012, 09:37:31 AM
Quote from: The Semaestro on April 04, 2012, 08:12:38 PM
Quote from: pytheas on March 29, 2012, 01:27:51 PM
Quote from: The Semaestro on March 26, 2012, 03:59:04 AM
to have a concept of what is good or bad, you must first have a picture of reality that is reasonably accurate.  Science might come closest to describing mathematically what the universe is, but it's not the only approach. Furthermore, to have a one-sized fits all approach to viewing reality is not only stupid, but amounts to imposing one view on others,
minimally correspondant by lowest common denominator reality
lower common denominator is any homo sapiens-christian.cretins, atheist, whatever, but they have to bleed and pain, feel and express have a normative range of psychologic dynamics
minimally correspondant relies on science, verifiable, testable, replicatory and demonstration-prone
the king is naked, because when I wear the same "clothes" I go COLD

I don't think you even understand what you are saying with this post.

I'll break it down for you in digestible fragments

The reality which can be trans-communicated, explained, shown with the least effort, the least interpretation, without explanation. Self-evident.

So in considering society, the people, we have to include the lowest common denominator  and  any homo sapiens within  a normative range of psychologic dynamics.
The only unavoidable split in viewpoints can only be justified in the cuckoo's nest.

So any "normal"person that eg.  bleeds and pains, , feels and expresses themselves.
In belief or IQ or worldview they can be christian/cretins, atheist, whatever, so long as they have a basic understanding

Metaphor/example based on known fairy tale:
"the king is naked, because when I wear the same "clothes" I go COLD"

reality through observation, example mimetics, replication and verification of causal effect : 
no clothes=cold   
naked=view

This approach relies on scientific reasoning, verifiable, testable, replicatory and demonstration-prone 

It is the only approach and it does fit all. The level of resolution allows for the range of understandings. It is not stupid and in having various levels of resolution it does not impose anything on anyone that cannot witness it directly, as it is, for themselves.

pytheas

How come you have just found out how to use the shift key and post in vaguely comprehensible English?
This post is so far out of your normal style it might as well be a different person posting. - Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pytheas

Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2012, 09:41:52 AM
pytheas

How come you have just found out how to use the shift key and post in vaguely comprehensible English?
This post is so far out of your normal style it might as well be a different person posting. - Tank

how can you presume the width depth and crevises of my "normal" style since my exposure is limited and comprehension compromised?

according to one's mood and available time  the effort put into writing, and the sentiment intensity of participation fluctuates.

I assure you  no-one else utilises this account

I am also pretty sure we cannot fathom our respective personalities in all their spread through this medium.
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Tank

Quote from: pytheas on April 24, 2012, 08:55:02 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2012, 09:41:52 AM
pytheas

how can you presume the width depth and crevises of my "normal" style since my exposure is limited and comprehension compromised?

according to one's mood and available time  the effort put into writing, and the sentiment intensity of participation fluctuates.

I assure you  no-one else utilises this account

I am also pretty sure we cannot fathom our respective personalities in all their spread through this medium.
Fine.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.