News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Stewart or Colbert?

Started by Amor Fati, July 12, 2006, 04:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amor Fati

If you watch both, what do you prefer? or find funnier?  They're performing different comedic functions and styles, but who do you prefer?

McQ

John Stewart. It's the impish smile and gleam in his eye.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Jassman

I haven't seen enough of the Colbert Report to accurately judge. He was hilarious on The Daily Show though. I loved "This Week in God".

Stephen Colbert's finest moment:

http://thankyoustephencolbert.org/
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Asmodean Prime

I thought Colbert was terrific while on Daily Show.  Unfortunately, his act becomes a one trick pony when all of his guests know it's a scam.  He needs to give it up.  same ol same ol just doesn't cut it.

MommaSquid

Jon Stewart is dreamy.   :wink:

I can only take Colbert in small doses.  I used to love "This Week in God", but it has suffered greatly since he left the Daily Show.

Has anyone seen the Mac commercial with John Hodgman?  It's kinda cute (but I still won't buy a Mac).

JNTB

Quote from: "Amor Fati"If you watch both, what do you prefer? or find funnier?  They're performing different comedic functions and styles, but who do you prefer?

Colbert's method only lasts 5 minutes and has an edge that says "I'm a dumbass", which is likely the point. Stewart's method says "I don't take things to seriously but when I do all I see is idiocy" of which there is an unlimited supply.
Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501(c)(3) tax-free status.

Eowyn

Stephen Colbert all the way.  He is my fake boyfriend.  His humor is like a nice chardonnay.

donkeyhoty

Both used to be very funny, but the worst thing to happen to political comics was Bush's reelection.  It just became too easy, and The Daily Show has become stale and highly predictable.  You could get 5-year-olds to write jokes about the Bush Admin.  It's like Will Ferrell running around with his shirt off screaming, it was funny the first time, now try something new.
Colbert is funny, but I liked him much more on Strangers With Candy than the Report or Daily Show.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

imrational

I definitely prefer Stewart, but I think the Daily Show's comedy has been pretty off lately.  I wonder if some of the writers have jumped ship to the Colbert report?