News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The first album you ever bought.

Started by Crow, November 08, 2011, 01:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

So what was the first album you bought for yourself?

On Vinyl: Not music but the audio book for War of the Worlds. (I missed this format but is mainly how I buy music now)
On Cassette: Tricky - Maxinquaye.
On CD: Prodigy - Fat of the Land.
Digital download: Never bought a digital album. Edit: actually I did it was RJD2 - Since We Last Spoke.
Retired member.

BullyforBronto

On vinyl: "Big Lizard in my Backyard" The Dead Milkmen
On Cassette: "Among the Living" Anthrax
CD: Can't remember
;D

Buddy

I think my first CD that I bought was the ABBA Gold CD  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

It was, I think, in 1965.  I can't remember my first CD.

Tank

It was a 'Top of the Pops' cover version album. In the dim and distant past record companies refused to mix their original recordings with other record companies. So the only way you could get a compliation album was for session musicians to do cover versions of all the tracks.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

I think my first CD must've been Spice Girls or something. I just recently bought my first vinyl, and it was Ghost's album "Opus Eponymous".
The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

Vinyl - Rolling Stones Some Girls, probably their last great album, for some of us anyway.

Tape - I used tapes I didn't buy them pre recorded, I got a dodgy Pink Floyd Final Cut from a market, didn't like it much.

CD - Midnight Oil Diesel and Dust, I think.

I don't like digital downloads, detest Itunes, I prefer CDs and ripping them to lossless Flac files.

Recusant

Quote from: OldGit on November 08, 2011, 01:18:29 PM
(JOAN BAEZ IN CONCERT)

It was, I think, in 1965.  I can't remember my first CD.

I remember that album fondly from when I was a youngster.

I'm pretty sure that the first album I bought was the original Broadway soundtrack recording of HAIR. I ended up knowing pretty much all of the songs on it by heart (there are some great ones).

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

I hate to admit it, but It was the 1972 compilation album "Hits voor zomaar een zomeravond"  http://www.discogs.com/Hans-van-Hemert-Hits-Voor-Zomaar-Een-Zomeravond/release/1349393  On that album there is only one song that I still like, namely Group 1850's Mother No-Head.

The first CD that I bought was Kate Bush's "The Kick Inside"
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

unholy1971

Wow, thats going back a way.  I think it was John Cougar Mellencamp Uh-Huh.

squidfetish

Erm....

Cassette - Best of the Shadows.  (I was 9 years old okay?!....   :P )

CD - Alice in Chains - Facelift
reptilian overlord

Asmodean

Cassette: REM's Out of Time

CD: I think it was Sennsucht by Rammstein. (I think... There are a few possible competitors for my first CD...)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Happy_Is_Good

Squid

I bought it fresh off the shelf on my own.  I had albums before but they were bought for me:

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Squid on December 19, 2011, 01:30:29 AM
I bought it fresh off the shelf on my own.  I had albums before but they were bought for me:

Oh phew, I was worried there for a moment.
I thought Bieber had gone blond and taken up smoking.