News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

54 ways to piss off an atheist

Started by OldGit, October 20, 2011, 05:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Link shamelessly stolen from another forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXF7YUyU2c&feature=player_embedded

Recusant

Thanks, I hadn't seen that one before, though it seems to have been around a while. These things make me laugh more than they piss me off, but then that's exactly what the person who posted the video says. I think I've encountered every one of them at one time or another.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ildiko

34 and 35 made me laugh a lot. If bad stuff happens it's because god doesn't interfere, but if good stuff happens, well, praise the lord! Thanks, git.

no_god_know_peace

number 45 cracked me up " start your own university dedicated to narrow-mindedness and restriction of free choice...and name it "Liberty" LOL !

Heisenberg

33 is easily my favorite. 'Tell them it's their responsibility to prove that god doesn't exist'. Do people realize that's a logical paradox? You can't prove that something doesn't exist. Particularly something as obscure as this god fellow. There is no way to cover every base and no matter what, religious folk will come up with some convoluted argument about gods plan or something. Furthermore, the burden is always always on a person making a claim. Saying something that you can't see, hear, smell or detect doesn't exist isn't much of a claim, it should just be the norm.
"No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low"-John Lennon

Crow

"Drink the last beer in the fridge" that would do it alright.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on October 22, 2011, 01:31:30 PM
My son drank the last beer in the fridge, which also happened to be the last beer in the house  >:(
He learned his lesson, and won't be doing it again.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

not your typical...

Quote from: Crow on October 22, 2011, 01:31:30 PM
Keep your beer, pass me the vodka.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.