News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Titanium Paper

Started by Davin, April 13, 2011, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Titanium Paper

Yes, just as awesome as it sounds.

QuoteReally tough. Paper is usually made out of pulped plant tissues. Almost any fiber like structure can be pulped into paper, and the latest example is using titanium dioxide nano-fibers to create a paper-like product that can withstand 700 degrees Celsius, making the paper fire resistant. In addition, due to the fun properties of titanium dioxide it is also self-cleaning in UV light, and could act as a re-usable sterile filter.

If only the Greeks had made all their books out of this paper before their libraries were burned...

If I were a dishonest prick looking to make some money off of the faithful, I'd write my own holy book of Bob out of this stuff and go around "proving" its "divinity" by showing that it can withstand bullets and blow torches. I'm pretty I could get a lot of followers that way.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

hismikeness

Quote from: "Davin"Titanium Paper

Yes, just as awesome as it sounds.

QuoteReally tough. Paper is usually made out of pulped plant tissues. Almost any fiber like structure can be pulped into paper, and the latest example is using titanium dioxide nano-fibers to create a paper-like product that can withstand 700 degrees Celsius, making the paper fire resistant. In addition, due to the fun properties of titanium dioxide it is also self-cleaning in UV light, and could act as a re-usable sterile filter.

If only the Greeks had made all their books out of this paper before their libraries were burned...

If I were a dishonest prick looking to make some money off of the faithful, I'd write my own holy book of Bob out of this stuff and go around "proving" its "divinity" by showing that it can withstand bullets and blow torches. I'm pretty I could get a lot of followers that way.

Just today at work I hauled 3 boxes of printer paper up the stairs to the office. I can't even imagine how much heavier titanium paper boxes would be.  :crazy:
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Davin

I think it would be quite heavy. But it's self cleaning property would probably make it not very useful as printer paper.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.