News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

My poems on atheism

Started by krunalthehell, April 04, 2011, 11:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krunalthehell

Dear all,
great to meet you all !
Please have a look at the poems I have written which refflect my feelings, passions and emotions as an atheist. here are the links

Admin Edit:  Welcome to HAF.  Please be aware that our forum rules do not permit spam which means it is not okay to post self promoting or otherwise spam looking posts/links on your first post.  We want all of our members to genuinely be involved with the community and it frustrates people when someone makes one post, they take the time to respond, and that poster never returns.  Thanks for not posting any further links to your blog till after you have been on HAF for a while.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: "krunalthehell"Dear all,
great to meet you all !
Please have a look at the poems I have written which refflect my feelings, passions and emotions as an atheist. here are the links
Why would I want to read the work of a self promoting spammer?

Sorry if that appears a bit abrupt but if all you're here to do is link to your blog why should I add to your hit rate. Picking one poem and posting it here by way of introduction would be a far more friendly introduction in my opinion.

But welcome to HAF anyway.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

krunalthehell

Sure! that sounds a great Idea! My appalogies for posting those links! I understand the fact that I need to be humble and more involved to learn anything new here. Its great to see all you people sharing similar likes and interests as me. As for my introduction, I am Krunal Varshikar, I live in pune and at this very moment I consider myself as an absurdist. I tried reading many books about hinduism in my childhood, at first i was attracted by the idea of solipsism in hinduism, but later I was skeptic about the whole concept of religion. I have witnessed counless occasions where religious extrimism was the reason for social brutality and riots. Witnessing all these killings on the TV screen at an early age made me nihilistic for a while and i found my life rather too drab and repulsive. this repulsion started germinating seeds of free thinking in my brain. please have a look at the poem which I have written to share my grief about religious extrimism and the brutal after shocks. I have used two metaphors here, greens and saffarons. Here in my country, these words are used for muslim and hindu. In order to bring peace between them I had to write this.

Grow my children, grow!
My saffron My greens
My dreams, my passions
My greens my saffrons
I took them for a royal ride
To show them a world unseen
I had the rudder
Saffron’s did the sails
And greens mended my deck
Innocent were the saffron
Cute were my greens

Laughing at every jibe
Hands Patting backs
Hands holding backs
air filled with milkyness
Sweeter, tendered saffron mystifying atmosphere
And my greens, flourished with my saffron
Played a symphony of cuteness,

My little greeny leaf once woke me up
Took me on the deck
And we screamed along
Spring it is! It is spring!
And together we saw,
His majesty rising
Party it is!
And treat it was!

In the middle of the ocean
We were together

Before I could say another word
My greens turned grey
My saffarons spit fires
and winds did betray us
Crack! Shattering my deck, My mast came down,
Where do kids learn to fight?

Ribs broken
Corpses everywhere
Brothers killed brothers
Loved ambushed loved

Sky is no more blue!
No! its not green!
No! its not red!
Its black, shaded and tattered
Breeze sang Satan’s hymns

I watched my saffarons die
I saw my greens dying
Enough! That’s enough!
Don’t you dare fight!

But who hears this monk?
Nobody!
My little green was weeping
My newborn saffaron needed me
I took my two babies
Green in one
saffaron in other
dived in the ocean

to hell with your ship! To hell with you all!
And I swam a hundred miles
Reached this island

kids are best left with outsiders
and we are outsiders
refugees, who run away from pain, from sufferings,
from tears and from blood.

So here I stand, right on this rock
With my scratched fingernails
And laughing face
All alone, watching them rise again.

Grow my children grow!