News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2018, 11:41:06 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 20, 2018, 11:04:05 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2018, 08:34:04 PM
The reason I'm so disappointed is that, from the description, it appeared to be right up my alley. Eh, not every reader is going to love every book.

I hate when that happens.  Unfortunately, now I think I'll have to read it, just so we can compare notes!
Check it out from the library. I do not think there is an ebook version. There are parts of the book that have odd formatting and would lose their intended impact in digital form.

Yep, no ebook and it's still $20 in paperback, even from Thriftbooks.  The library it is.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 20, 2018, 11:45:29 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2018, 11:41:06 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 20, 2018, 11:04:05 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2018, 08:34:04 PM
The reason I'm so disappointed is that, from the description, it appeared to be right up my alley. Eh, not every reader is going to love every book.

I hate when that happens.  Unfortunately, now I think I'll have to read it, just so we can compare notes!
Check it out from the library. I do not think there is an ebook version. There are parts of the book that have odd formatting and would lose their intended impact in digital form.

Yep, no ebook and it's still $20 in paperback, even from Thriftbooks.  The library it is.
Be warned...it is a large book. It is 700+ large pages. I found myself unable to hold it upright for long (thank you, arthritis). Most of the time I read it at a table or used my lap desk.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

jumbojak

My mood has been all over the place today. I went from being almost impossibly low, to fairly steady, and then was thrown a curve ball tonight that does have me impossibly confused. *Sigh* I wish that dealing with people was easier.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on October 21, 2018, 01:27:09 AM
My mood has been all over the place today. I went from being almost impossibly low, to fairly steady, and then was thrown a curve ball tonight that does have me impossibly confused. *Sigh* I wish that dealing with people was easier.

Cherchez la femme?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2018, 04:36:29 AM

Cherchez la femme?

You see, that was only at the end of the day... I think I need a vacation. Not sure where to go or what to do though.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on October 21, 2018, 05:03:52 AM

Cherchez la femme?

You see, that was only at the end of the day... I think I need a vacation. Not sure where to go or what to do though.

Have you been to Europe? This is a very personal opinion and others will disagree, but if you can only visit one city in Europe, go to Paris.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2018, 05:10:37 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on October 21, 2018, 05:03:52 AM

Cherchez la femme?

Have you been to Europe? This is a very personal opinion and others will disagree, but if you can only visit one city in Europe, go to Paris.

I have not and, honestly, probably shouldn't. A past relationship should have resulted in me moving to the UK but it didn't work out like either of us hoped. At least for right now certain wounds are too fresh to travel to Europe.

As far as a vacation goes, I haven't taken time off work in... three years, I think. I haven't had a Saturday off in four probably.

xSilverPhinx

:therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 22, 2018, 06:50:35 PM
Have a nap in your hammock.

I'm too sleepy at the moment to wish I had a hammock.   :P

This morning I was 'fishing' with my head...struggling to keep my eyes open and nodding, only to jerk my head up quickly as I realised what was happening

jumbojak

At that point, paint your eyelids to look like your eyeballs and prop your head on your hand. Snooze attentively.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 22, 2018, 10:24:03 PM
At that point, paint your eyelids to look like your eyeballs and prop your head on your hand. Snooze attentively.

And creep people out? :lol:

jumbojak

I have got to be the biggest screw up on two continents. It looks like I'm buying the water heater I was trying to fix. Probably destroyed the damn thing. Fuck.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2018, 11:43:06 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on October 22, 2018, 10:24:03 PM

And creep people out? :lol:

I know what needs to be done.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.