Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Best of luck, Bruce! Keep us updated. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 16, 2018, 07:16:12 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 16, 2018, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 16, 2018, 06:52:35 PM
I've applied for the clinical ethics chair position in my hospital.  If selected, I would probably spend half my time in my current risk management job, and half in ethics.  Evaluating bio-ethical issues is a skill I've picked up over the past 7 years working here.  If I get the job, I'll probably go ahead and enroll in a Master's program online to give me some educational bona fides.  If I don't get it, I'll just keep dong the same thing I do now.

Good luck, Bruce!

No advantages in doing the masters whilst your present job? Or do you need a salary upgrade?

The Master's would be in Medical Ethics.  No reason to spend money on it unless I'm getting paid to do the job.  What I need more than a salary upgrade is a break from risk management.  A 50% break would be better than none at all.   There would always be the possibility that it would develop into a full-time job.  That would be part of my goal in that position - make the ethics endeavor of the hospital more robust.
Good luck Bruce.

I'd pray for you if I thought it would do any good ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Thank you all.  Hopefully I'll know something soon.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 16, 2018, 08:14:10 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 16, 2018, 07:44:03 PM
:this:  :smilenod:

Yes Best of Luck Bruce, and I think the hospital will be wise indeed to select you. :)

So sometimes I feel like this dog.

I just love how the dog is walking so nonchalantly...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 20, 2018, 02:40:10 AM

So sometimes I feel like this dog.

I just love how the dog is walking so nonchalantly...

If it were me laying that sidewalk, I'd leave the paw prints.  It looks artistic.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Added to my Facebook page with the heading "Me walking through a group of theists."
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2018, 08:06:01 AM
Added to my Facebook page with the heading "Me walking through a group of theists."
Good one.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Ecurb Noselrub

Oh well, I didn't get the position.  They want a physician (even though I've been doing the job for 3 1/2 years).  It's only a minor disappointment, as I've got a good position already, and the company is doing well, so I'll probably get a nice bonus in the fall.  C'est la vie and que sera', sera'. 

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2018, 07:59:33 PM

Oh well, I didn't get the position.  They want a physician (even though I've been doing the job for 3 1/2 years).  It's only a minor disappointment, as I've got a good position already, and the company is doing well, so I'll probably get a nice bonus in the fall.  C'est la vie and que sera', sera'.

All  part of God's plan. I wouldn't worry :D

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2018, 07:59:33 PM

Oh, well, buckle up and bang on towards the next opportunity. My philosophy was alwsys that if they know you are seeking advancement chances are you will be ranked higher next time!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74