News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

^ People can be freakin' weird. :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Since brushing animals liberates clouds of skin flakes and any mites feeding on them... With a nose so close seems a good way to acquire a nice pet allergy!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Guardian85

Quote from: Dave on January 05, 2018, 11:46:08 AM
Since brushing animals liberates clouds of skin flakes and any mites feeding on them... With a nose so close seems a good way to acquire a nice pet allergy!
My eyes are watering just looking at that.

Plus it totally fried my WTF-meter.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 03:26:27 PM
I wonder if BCE has one?

Which, a cat licker or a pet allergy?

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 06, 2018, 03:23:51 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 05, 2018, 11:46:08 AM
My eyes are watering just looking at that.

Plus it totally fried my WTF-meter.
:lol:

Fried my "WTF-meter" too, Guardian85:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
I wonder if BCE has one?

She has cats so I doubt it would be an allergy.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 07:17:18 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
I wonder if BCE has one?

She has cats so I doubt it would be an allergy.

Um, don't think pet allergy sufferers tend to keep pets much (unless thry are weird or stoopid maybe - I judge BCF to be neither. Well, mostly...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Icarus

Is there nothing that Americans can not be persuaded to buy? 

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on January 06, 2018, 11:19:17 PM
Is there nothing that Americans can not be persuaded to buy?
You have to ask!

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 01, 2018, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on January 01, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 31, 2017, 08:26:44 PM
My bible-thumping Adventist grandparents will arriving in a while. I'm wondering where they could be taken them that isn't an Adventist Church...the city I live in isn't exactly full of tourist attractions. :notsure: 

My grandfather is a bit of a soccer fanatic, so I guess we can take him to a couple of stadiums.

Good job you have HAF to vent to. I'm fascinated: do let us know how it went.

So far so good, except for the part when they talk about death and diseases (their favorite topics). Both are a little over 80 now so I guess it's what's on their minds...

They're going to be staying for a week.

We're thinking of renting a car and taking them to Nova Petrópolis, Gramado and Canela. Those are the most touristy towns around these parts. I have never been to Nova Petrópolis myself.

Nova Petrópolis:

Gramado.

Canela.

Must be nearly over noe xSP. Perhaps they'll leave you some tracts😉
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Sandra Craft

I wonder if BCE has one?

No, I don't need any help developing hair balls.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 07, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
Must be nearly over noe xSP. Perhaps they'll leave you some tracts😉

We took them to the airport this morning, so now they've gone back to their big city life. Thankfully they didn't leave any tracts! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I recently changed my student loan payment plan to a lower monthly amount. Now that I no longer live with my parents I have other bills and was struggling come up with the money. I guess they took extra pity on me and decided to postpone payments to 2019. I'm a little relieved because that gives me a year to get my shit together and find a better job. I still plan on making payments throughout the year, but just not the 200 dollars a month that I was before.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.