News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

I hope to have good conversations here :)

Started by NashAtheist, November 14, 2010, 08:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NashAtheist

I never joined a site like this since I thought I would be considered a bad person by society.  I am glad that Atheists are becoming more popular these days.  The reason I joined this site tonight is because I was at my girlfriend's house and she told me she was going to stay the night at my house. Later on her sister came in the room asking if she will go to church tomorrow and my girlfriend told me she cannot come over because of that.  Without thinking I said something bad "Oh you will put going to church over me?" and her sister overheard it and said "OMG GOD COMES FIRST!".

That is only one example of course. I just hate when I feel like I am doing something wrong because I do not believe that an invisible man is floating up in the sky granting wishes for everyone who prays.  When I first heard about religion as a kid I thought it was a joke that people actually believed that bs.  Especially since all of the religious people I know have the worst luck in the world. If I saw God with my own eyes I would go to church every single day.   However there is zero evidence of him existing other than some fictional stories written in a book. So I hope to get into conversations with you guys who can understand my viewpoints.

Tank

Morning Nash

God can't be much fun in bed if he always comes first  :D Do no harm to others and you can't really go wrong in life.

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

NashAtheist

Quote from: "Tank"Do no harm to others and you can't really go wrong in life.

Exactly!  I treat everyone the way I want to be treated and I have 0% enemies.  The funny thing is that my gf says I would make a perfect christian since I do not drink or do anything bad.  However she is a devoted believer and has smoked weed in the past and gotten in all sorts of trouble.

Croaker

Pleased to meet ya!

Be careful with some of the religious girls - some of them have an innate need to rebel against their parents, but not necessarily their beliefs. What this translates to is that they'll date you despite their family's protestations, but at some point they'll inevitably feel guilty about what they're doing and then break things off.

I've been 'dumped for God' before, kinda lame. Had to drive half an hour to go pick up this girl, drive another 15-20 to go get some lunch (I paid, of course) and then she dumped me because, in one way or another, Jesus had told her to. Then I got to drive her back home.

That wasn't awkward at all. :upset: