News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

War on Drugs

Started by Intercourseman72, September 23, 2010, 03:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Jats""...ahh the old too long didn't read response, another little dig from thumper who's trying them all, one by one..." and then Jats waits for the next predictable "...nope not yet, but for sure he will be along shortly, if not this time but the next then, and as we go along then all you do is reveal your self to all here, tho not to me for I have seen it all before, as you are most recognisable by your fear, that shines with every word, so, keep not reading then for there will be many a post about you in Random Stuff for sure for those that do, which they always do..." and Jats goes back to watching the Pats then

I loled, "fear"

That was a shitty game, too.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

DropLogic

No offense to the livewriters...but you guys do come off as condescending.  Even though your posts are well thought out, and eloquent, there is a slight tinge of superiority in the content.

Intercourseman72

Quote from: "DropLogic"No offense to the livewriters...but you guys do come off as condescending.  Even though your posts are well thought out, and eloquent, there is a slight tinge of superiority in the content.

What else do you expect from people on the internet? The place where people gather from anywhere and any time zone to dominate over all those who oppose. Even though no one discusses anything of substance, bizarre and petty arguments permeate throughout the whole debate. Little is accomplished from the endless back and forth as it seems, but it's the internet; and it's still no less rousing.

But anyway, this might sound awfully strange, but one thing I would like more than talking about how it would be nice to have a reasonable discussion would be to actually have a reasonable discussion about the issues pertaining to this topic.

And btw, Jats, this isn't propaganda from an anti-drug war think tank or anything. It's an economic analysis on how different policies targeting drugs in certain ways can affect the use of drugs, the price of drugs, and mainly the violence that would result from such policies. It was the first time I saw a thoroughly philosophical deduction of this issue and hypothetical scenarios the could result given particular events.
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Academic/ ... lence.html

pinkocommie

To anyone who dislikes the third person posts as much as I do - the foe option is AMAZING.  I kept having to stop myself from complaining about posts written in that ridiculous style.  Now, I don't even have to look at those posts unless someone else quotes something of interest that they said - which rarely seems to happen.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

i_am_i

Quote from: "pinkocommie"To anyone who dislikes the third person posts as much as I do - the foe option is AMAZING.  I kept having to stop myself from complaining about posts written in that ridiculous style.  Now, I don't even have to look at those posts unless someone else quotes something of interest that they said - which rarely seems to happen.  :)

Yes! That's exactly what I just did.

Before we get back to the topic at issue I just want to present my opinion on the posting style of, what are their names, rats and fleas. It's completely silly. It's so precious, so affected. It reeks of insincerety and pretentiousness. I personally think it's very juvenile.

Whatever it is, it is not anywhere close to even approaching clever, which is obviously what that rubbish is imagined to be by the perpetrators of these annoyances.

That was fun. Okay, I'm through now.
Call me J

Sapere aude

karadan

Quote from: "pinkocommie"To anyone who dislikes the third person posts as much as I do - the foe option is AMAZING.  I kept having to stop myself from complaining about posts written in that ridiculous style.  Now, I don't even have to look at those posts unless someone else quotes something of interest that they said - which rarely seems to happen.  :D
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

The Magic Pudding

So we are agreed, those who seek to escape the norm by means of words are condemneded and then condemneded again.
It's not our fault we condemned them, they just weren't right.
Let's rejoice now brothers and sisters in the condemning.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"So we are agreed, those who seek to escape the norm by means of words are condemneded and then condemneded again.
It's not our fault we condemned them, they just weren't right.
Let's rejoice now brothers and sisters in the condemning.

I wasn't condemning his stylistic flaws, plentiful though they are.  I was critiquing his condemning of pronouncements on the issue, immediately followed by him issuing a pronouncement.
Illegitimi non carborundum.