News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Annoyed rant.

Started by GAYtheist, July 29, 2010, 01:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAYtheist

This is my response to posts in a comment thread entitled "if being gay is so right, why do gay people feel the need to broadcast it???" It is not directed at all Christians, just the annoying ones shoving shit down everyone's throats. I know what I said won't make any real difference, but it felt good to type it.

Do any of the bible beating, high brow, religious twits believe there are any problems that men can deal with? The biggest problem I see is that you appear to have no...whats a good word...belief that you are capable of quite a bit. When someone survives a surgery no-one thought they would, you give god the credit, and not the crack team of surgeons that worked their asses off to keep the person alive.

I saw an article on this site today stating that "gay is what I am." Note that it does not say the person is having gay sex or anything, but that they are gay. It's a good article, but people will refuse to agree because being gay is a sin...the ignorance of people is absolutely astounding. The act is sinful? An act of love, adoration, and respect is sinful? You people really do make me sick. I have seen people on here comment that it is the same as rape. I have seen people on here say that, in order to look at it from a scientific perspective, you must be OK with child molestation. It is people like this that make me anti-theist. Religion, to me, is a mistake. Will I ever try to stop someone from being a part of a religion, no, but I will fight to keep it out of government. School, courthouses, any form of government needs to be completely separated from religion.

To "love the sinner, hate the sin" is still hating homosexuality, because we are born gay. You would have us not take pleasure in life to make you comfortable. I say no to that. I will hold my partners hand. I will hug him, and kiss him in public. I will defend him, and I will more than gladly kick anyone's ass that decides to try and do something physical about it. You have your freedoms of speech, you can marry the person you love. We want that. You say that we have equal marriage rights, because we can marry whoever we want, of the opposite sex. The difference is that you can marry the person you love, we cannot. Shove your self-righteousness up your tightly clenched hole, and let me and people like me love.
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

karadan

Erm, are you talking about HAF or another site?

Links possibly?
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

Was it good to vent?  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "karadan"Erm, are you talking about HAF or another site?

Links possibly?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Kylyssa

It is annoying.  For many, "sin" is anything they have been taught to disagree with.  I have often wondered why the "religion of love" fears love so much and is so eager to hate.

It helps me to think of such bigots as the victims of indoctrination they are.

karadan

Quote from: "GAYtheist"
Quote from: "karadan"Erm, are you talking about HAF or another site?

Links possibly?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay

Aha, that makes it a little clearer.

Thanks.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.