News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Seeing an ultrasound scan of my eldest daughter's 17 week old baby  :D

What are your reasons to be cheerful?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Congrats to your daughter. Will this be your first grandchild?
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: "Cecilie"Congrats to your daughter. Will this be your first grandchild?
Yep! It's due on 3rd December, I'll be 51 on the 1st December so there is the possibility it will be born on my birthday which would be rather nice.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Black Jester

Congrats, Tank!!!!  :D

Is this intended as a thread for everyone's "reasons to be cheerful," or just a sneaky way to announce your grandchild's imminent arrival?
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Asmodean

Sweet! Indeed, it is a reason to be cheerful :hmm:  )
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

Good to hear, Tank. That's sweet.

Lots of reason to be cheerful, just that we often forget. I'm happy that no matter what kind of day I'm having, when I come home, my dogs greet me as if I was a long, lost friend. They get so excited and happy that I forget about the problems of the day.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: "The Black Jester"Congrats, Tank!!!!  :D

Is this intended as a thread for everyone's "reasons to be cheerful," or just a sneaky way to announce your grandchild's imminent arrival?
We are members of a 'Happy' forum, atheist, agnostic or theist, the operative word is 'happy', so what are your reasons to be cheerful?

Asmodean

Rats. They have themselves a new toy they are fascinated with. Watching them makes me cheery-like :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: "Asmodean"Sweet! Indeed, it is a reason to be cheerful :hmm:  )
First step is a kid. Do you have any?

Tank

Quote from: "McQ"Good to hear, Tank. That's sweet.

Lots of reason to be cheerful, just that we often forget. I'm happy that no matter what kind of day I'm having, when I come home, my dogs greet me as if I was a long, lost friend. They get so excited and happy that I forget about the problems of the day.
Doggies do that for one don't they  :D  Whoever said 'Money can't by you love.' never owned a dog did they?

The Black Jester

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "The Black Jester"Congrats, Tank!!!!  :D

We are members of a 'Happy' forum, atheist, agnostic or theist, the operative word is 'happy', so what are your reasons to be cheerful?

Right now?  My morning coffee....ooooh, lovely, lovely coffee....

On a few moments' reflection?

My wife
My parents
My brother (LittleTheBlackJester to everyone here)
My sobriety
My friend Peter
Neuroscience
Philosophy
Theater
Douglas Adams
P.G. Wodehouse
Terry Pratchett
HAF, and oases like it
Relative freedom and security and material comfort.
Medical insurance
Brownies
ice cream
OH!  and ice cream.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Asmodean

Well, no...  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Well, no...  :P
No. The first step is getting girl friend who'll let you...  :D

Asmodean

Quote from: "Tank"No. The first step is getting girl friend who'll let you...  :raised:

lol
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Tank"No. The first step is getting girl friend who'll let you...  :raised:

lol
Particularly as you're online a lot of time. We'll have to see if we can find you an atheist GF to join in here!