News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 01:20:02 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on December 13, 2017, 12:30:22 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 11:04:19 AM
How's the beer production going?
The Yule ale came out okay...ish. Used a bit too much anise, which overpowered the cinnamon and nutmeg. But still drinkable.

Set a brown ale as well, just in case the yule ale went wrong, and it came out fine.

Do you think they would have benefited from more time?
Let the Yle ale sit for nearly a month maturing. No, I think I over seasoned it with the anise.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 13, 2017, 10:20:30 AM
Arrived at home with the new car last night. After having driven it some (600km), I like.
Having just stood back and looked at it, I love!

That is a really cool car, and I like the red...congratulations G'man.

...but the poor car looks so cold, it should be someplace warm and sunny 8)

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 14, 2017, 02:58:14 PM

She, I say to elucidate.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 14, 2017, 03:24:25 PM

She, I say to elucidate.

I know some cars will like to be called "they", but this is 3rd person plural, and absolutely ridiculous to be used in that context. ::)

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 14, 2017, 03:32:19 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 14, 2017, 03:24:25 PM

She, I say to elucidate.

I know some cars will like to be called "they", but this is 3rd person plural, and absolutely ridiculous to be used in that context. ::)

Guardian85 said she was she

costs you nothing to call her she

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

After a quick thunderstorm temperatures dropped to 22 °C (72 °F). Now I no longer sense the smell of cooking flesh.

xSilverPhinx

Holidays!  :heyhey: Until the 26th, that is.

Dave

Fixed me Kindle!  :frolic:

Pressing and hoodingvthe "On" butyon, normal method, did not work, It does not have a reset hole to poke a paper clip in so I worked out how to open it, dis/reconnected the battery and - whooppee!

For reference there is a thin plastic "fascia" glued on around the screen. Carefully introduce a knife edge under outer edge of this and peel off. The gubbins are in a metal frame screwed, with several small screws, to the back. Remove those screws and carefully lever the frame out, there are clips.

The battery, on the back of the frame, is held down with three screws, remove those, lift the battery and put it back down again - replace the screws. Try switching on, should work.

If you kept it clean the glue for the fascia still works.

Belatedly I looked in Youtube, yeah, there's a video on it there...
https://youtu.be/sT902XX03Nw

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dave on December 30, 2017, 09:37:51 PM
Fixed me Kindle!  :frolic:

I so admire people who are good at tinkering.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

After pulling out my winter boots and finding they no longer fit, I was overcome with the dread of looking for new shoes. When your feet are long, wide, and arthritic, your choices are extremely limited, as are the places to find aforementioned limited choice of footwear.

One of my go-to places for shoes didn't have anything. December is not the time to buy winter shoes and boots. The second place I went, I had to try on eight pairs of shoes before I found something - and they were on sale. Double win!

However, they had another pair that almost fit. Once I got home, I found them online in the right size for nearly $50 off. I cashed in some rewards points to get a $25 egift card to the online store, so I wound paying just a couple of dollars over half price for them.

I almost never find shoes on sale in my size. Finding two pair in one day has made me extremely happy!

I am also extremely happy that my husband is recovering well from the flu and pneumonia he had in November. He still tires easily, but that is to be expected. His doctors are quite pleased with his recovery.

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on December 31, 2017, 04:41:55 AM
After pulling out my winter boots and finding they no longer fit, I was overcome with the dread of looking for new shoes. When your feet are long, wide, and arthritic, your choices are extremely limited, as are the places to find aforementioned limited choice of footwear.

One of my go-to places for shoes didn't have anything. December is not the time to buy winter shoes and boots. The second place I went, I had to try on eight pairs of shoes before I found something - and they were on sale. Double win!

However, they had another pair that almost fit. Once I got home, I found them online in the right size for nearly $50 off. I cashed in some rewards points to get a $25 egift card to the online store, so I wound paying just a couple of dollars over half price for them.

I almost never find shoes on sale in my size. Finding two pair in one day has made me extremely happy!

I am also extremely happy that my husband is recovering well from the flu and pneumonia he had in November. He still tires easily, but that is to be expected. His doctors are quite pleased with his recovery.

Good news, Velma.

Take care.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on December 31, 2017, 04:41:55 AM

Double hooray.   :cheerleader:  Maybe this is a portent for your new year?

Some minor good news on my side -- my monthly pension check came in today instead of tomorrow.  Can't decide which restaurant to celebrate in.  Maybe the deli in Rossmoor that makes such good sandwiches.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany