News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

My own experience

Started by faith_no_more, June 06, 2010, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faith_no_more

As a kid,my mom always encouraged me to watch horror movies and even put on alien for my sister when she was really little and sat next to her and said:its not real.

And us now grown up kids are now atheists.

My mom says she was a christian before because her mom made her go to church and all that,but she says that she caught on that it really is full of empty lies.

I think this must be very good because she says that we ended up being very bright and knowledgeable adults.
In truth,sometimes i wonder why more parents don't do what me and my sisters went through.If they did,they would enjoy horror movies without taking it seriously.

Tank

I watched Alien with my son when he has 10 'ish because he asked to see it. He went to bed with a toy gun for a month afterwards  :rant:

Welcome aboard!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

elliebean

Hello and welcome, FNM!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

faith_no_more

My mom always tells me that at the very beginning is when a kid is most likely to absorb things like a sponge and best for teaching him languages and stuff.

It is also true that the media uses this to advantage to fill the kids head with pointless propaganda like:religion and political propaganda.

If this is true that a kid is more likely to absorb things more easily than a adult,then wouldn't it be best to find out what the kid likes and start showing him multiple choices in life and see what he/she likes the most?

A kid who is taught lovingly about music may end up having a passion for music and grow up to be a musician.

I kind of wish sometimes that parents took the time to give things that weren't empty propaganda and useless media into the kids head.

Asmodean

...Watched Terminator when I was about six, I think.And now I too am an atheist :idea:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.