News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Bird poop

Started by AlP, May 22, 2010, 06:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlP

Today I had the misfortune of being pooped on by a bird. I estimate that I was wearing the pooped upon shirt for at least three hours before discovering it. It must have been totally obvious to anyone that looked at me yet nobody said anything. Some people had lunch with me while I was obviously wearing bird poop. I find it interesting that none of my friends told me about it. What would you do, if anything, if you thought your friend was unknowingly pooped on by a bird?
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Cecilie

I would definitely tell them, I always do. I hate when that or something similar happens to me and nobody tells. I've always wondered why people (don't) do that...  :hmm:
The world's what you create.

pinkocommie

I would probably blurt it out right away like an ass.  "Ahhh!  You got pooped on by a bird!!"  And then I'd feel really bad and help then clean it off.   :blush:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Sophus

Honestly, I would just laugh about it and let you keep wearing it. Ya know... spread the laughter around for everyone.   lol
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

AlP

I think I would point out the bird poop too. In America and Britain I have noticed there is a social protocol to do otherwise on these occasions. Personally, I think I will kindly point out the obvious in the future.

Quote from: "Sophus"Honestly, I would just laugh about it and let you keep wearing it. Ya know... spread the laughter around for everyone.   lol

philosoraptor

I would totally be the person who'd  say dude...is that shit on your shirt?

One time a seagull pooped on my friend's head when we were sitting on my in-laws porch.  That was hard to miss.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

SSY

Some fucking sparrow but it's beak through the top of my milk this morning, bastard.

I would say something, raise it in the form of a question I would. Maybe they assumed someone had already told you, and they did not want to bring it up again?
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

AlP

Yes. Often when humans are in groups, they seem to assume that someone else is looking after them. Watch groups of people crossing a road. Individual people seem to pay more attention to traffic than groups of people. They will often abandon the safety measures they would normally take when crossing it alone. I find this fascinating.

Edit: Removed duplicate sentence.

MariaEvri

herd mentality perhaps? subconscious safety in numbers?
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

AlP

Quote from: "MariaEvri"herd mentality perhaps? subconscious safety in numbers?
I think it's a mixture of overconfidence, conformity, groupthink (herding?) and failure to examine alternatives. Look at the ill-fated belief in the existence of Iraqi WMDs, the escalation of the Vietnam war and the failure to predict the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. This kind of thinking can cost lives. And more importantly it can leave people walking around wearing bird poop all day.

Tank

You have my sympathies for the bird poop. Once ate a very nice meat pie for lunch. Got home to find huge dribble of gravy down my chin. Hundreds of people must have seen it, but could one of the bastards say anything!!!  :upset:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sophus

Quote from: "AlP"
Quote from: "Sophus"Honestly, I would just laugh about it and let you keep wearing it. Ya know... spread the laughter around for everyone.   lol
lol That's okay. I was crapped on by a bird at Busch Gardens once. Only I had the privilege of watching it happen. If only I had a Red Bull at the time.....
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "pinkocommie"I would probably blurt it out right away like an ass.  "Ahhh!  You got pooped on by a bird!!"  And then I'd feel really bad and help then clean it off.   :hissyfit:

[youtube:1mpquimb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLlqIuVhI[/youtube:1mpquimb]
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Cecilie

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"If they were total strangers I wouldn't talk to them anyways (I usually feel I need a good reason to speak to a total stranger)
Wait, what are you doing here?  :P
The world's what you create.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"If they were total strangers I wouldn't talk to them anyways (I usually feel I need a good reason to speak to a total stranger)
Wait, what are you doing here?  :/

I didn't see that one coming. :P

I guess I see people with a good degree of like-mindness to not be strangers.

(I meant it more in the physical sense - I'm a really shy person)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey