News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

The Secret - w'sup w/dat?

Started by joeactor, March 31, 2007, 09:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Because they use the same tactics that religion does.  Authority, ambiguity, attach it to something people revere (in this case science), and leave it very open to personal interpretation - and just like the church they get your money.

Whitney

The Secret is basically just saying that if you think positively you are more likely to achieve your goals right?  (although they are a bit more sure about the method saying that you will achieve your goals if you use positive thinking to imagine yourself already have done so)  I don't see the point in spending money to be told that, it's not a secret...of course you're more likely to achive a goal if you think positively about it...thinking negatively is self discouraging.

SteveS

Doesn't everyone know that the real secret to success is doing whatever the slip of paper inside your fortune cookie says you should do?

I think the best thing about staying upbeat and happy is that it keeps you upbeat and happy. :wink:

Eclecticsaturn

Quote from: "SteveS"Doesn't everyone know that the real secret to success is doing whatever the slip of paper inside your fortune cookie says you should do?

:lol:  :lol:  Thats good stuff. Whats funny is adding "in bed" to the end of every forturne.

*oh snap. I remeber i have an unopened fortune cookie on my dresser. lets see what it says.......

Fortune cookie say: "Your Dreams of glamour & luxury will come true" (in bed)

lol, how ironic.

SteveS

That's right!  I forgot the crucial "in bed" corollary.

Quote from: "eclecticsaturn"Fortune cookie say: "Your Dreams of glamour & luxury will come true" (in bed)
:shock: sounds like fun.  I guess some guys have all the luck...

Eclecticsaturn

lol.

SteveS

It didn't bother me at all.  I'm a computer geek.

Big Mac

If Oprah endorses it, then that's your first sign. Oprah also believes in ignorant spirituality crap and psychics. I thought it was going to be a horror movie when I heard the title, turns out it was just horrifically stupid.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

donkeyhoty

Oprah's a billionaire, of course she has our best interests in mind.  I mean, she gave everyone in her audience a car one time.  Oh wait, it was one of her sponsers that did that.  And she couldn't possibly have any financial interest in the Oprah Book Club, could she?  Next thing you're gonna tell me, there is no god.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson