News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Religious Brainwashing: How it's done!

Started by TheJackel, March 14, 2010, 05:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJackel

All one needs to do is watch the banana man videos. This is where they tell you to circumvent intellect so you don't have to do any critical thinking! This is done so you would simply just believe any load of BS they tell you. In other words, don't think, we will do the thinking for you! Hence, there is no need for you to educate yourself in science because it can be complicated, just stay stupid so we can control you and make you believe the banana was created to fit in your and with a pull tab.

And it amazes me that people seem to have no concept of how brainwashing works. The "Master" videos are prime examples of the mechanics of brainwashing. And there target audience isn't you or me, it is those who are ignorant or easily manipulated. It's basically a giant phishing scam to find vulnerable minds. This represents the seeding process in which implants a shadow of self-doubt so they can proceed to the next step in the process of converting you. In almost all cases, it involves the fear tool, followed by the carrot, and sometimes the no way out question. I know this because I've done advertising for churches for 10 years. I strongly recommend people to read a book or two on the mechanics of brainwashing, and then sit back and observe how religious ideologies like Christianity actually operate on a daily basis.

The key things to look for:
    1)The seeding tool ( casting shadows of doubt, lying, spewing false information, attacking those that disagree, creating pressure to make one more vulnerable to submission)
    2) The Fear TOOL (Gods wrath? hell? damnation? Conspiracy?)
    3) The Carrot: (Salvation?. redemption?. Love?)
    4) The No way out question ( repent now and save your soul! Today is the day of decision) This question comes usually after the above 3 tools because it's purpose is to make you feel like you have to take the carrot and submit your lives to the ideology![/list]

This is exactly the advertising model of Christianity. Thus I will give you an example of a pamphlet that I had done for a Church in Minnesota, Chicago, and Mississippi.

EXAMPLE:

This pamphlet had a very large capital "D" that was on fire to represent "Damnation" The background on this front page was all black to represent the darkness of Damnation, and to emphasize the D that was on fire! And just under the enormous damning D there were glowing words in white that said "Today is your Day of Decision!"

Now when we opened the pamphlet, we could see a nice pleasant background with clouds and rays of light shining though a nice blue sky.. And printed on this background were a bunch of fake "testimonials" that were pre-fabricated! In fact I was told to use and Adobe photos suite to get pictures of happy people to use! Which was a common thing to do because their target audience would probably never question it. The testimonials targeted specific groups of people they know are vulnerable, impressionable, or easily manipulated into the ideology.

---

So can anyone tell me which elements are used in that example that relate to the mechanics of brainwashing? Can you see the seed, fear, carrot, and the now way out question?  If you can, go out sometime and look for religious advertisements, pamphlets, booklets, fliers, or posters!..  You will almost always see this kind of subliminal programming.. And this is especially true with Christianity. However, many religions use these tools to increase their number of followers.. This is how devotion and faith without question is engineered. 99% of all religious advertisement is false information, wrong, disingenuous, or  manipulative.

You can also use this key as a means to see through a lot of the general subliminal programming you find on TV in general, or in general life ;).. Hence, it pays to think and apply reason to establish logical answers to your questions. Never let someone tell you to stop thinking so they can do the thinking for you!

Cheers!

Sophus

I really appreciate you writing this. Very interesting read.

Quote99% of all religious advertisement is false information, wrong, disingenuous, or manipulative.
    Amen to that.

QuoteI know this because I've done advertising for churches for 10 years.

So is this the actual way they taught you to advertise? I've always wondered how open ministries are about their deceptiveness from within.

By the way - this doesn't necessarily happen in advertising - but preachers especially seem to be fond of modern metaphors or parables that are obvious "deepities" to anyone educated on the issue. Yet they use them in their own way to both distort and simplify a complex issue in their favor. Don't know if there's a term for that.  :D
    ‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

TheJackel

Sophus,

Thanks you for your humble comments :), it doesn't necessarily happen in advertising, but this does give you an idea of how it works when it does :) There are other methods of subliminal programming used in general advertising that are less disingenuous and only constitute as white lies where there is no real danger to them.. I would say most advertising is exaggeration to promote a product. However, this article will shine a lot of light on how propaganda works, politics work, and how the general new media works, or is used...

I think everyone should read a couple books on the mechanics of brainwashing
    , and subliminal programming. Understanding how this works is key to protecting ourselves from things like this. You can basically call me a whistle blower here because what most people don't know what these religious institutions are really about. While the people seek enlightenment the institution seeks money, power, influence, and control. Christianity itself is not an institution, it's a multi-billion dollar industry. If you haven't noticed, the people like the banana man are in the business to profit from your gullibility.. Fear is a very powerfule tool, and this is especially true when you apply it to a "MASTER" invisible "CREATOR" as they symbol of that fear!.. The carrot is Jesus.. So the next time someone reads the bible, they will see exactly how the bible is written from cover to cover!

Sophus

Quote from: "TheJackel"Sophus,

Thanks you for your humble comments :), it doesn't necessarily happen in advertising, but this does give you an idea of how it works when it does :blush: A friend of mine who is a pastor says he's constantly looking for real life examples to "explain" apparently contradictory or confusing concepts in the Bible.

Quote from: "Dan Dennett"It's like watching a magician and seeing the cards up his sleeve.
    ‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

TheJackel

NP:) I was just adding to your statement and agreeing with you :).. You can also check out my Genesis VS Science articles here ;)