News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Did You Really Read It

Started by Simoli, March 19, 2007, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johndigger

Quote from: "donkeyhoty"Wait, Chistianity comes from christ, as is je-sus christ?

And where praytell did you hear of this precocious scamp named jesus?

From the bible, of course, but what's your point? That doesn't make it the beginning and the end of anything.

The Bible was organized around 400 years after Christ's death. Are you saying that for 400 years after Christ's death there were no Christians because there was no Bible?

JD

donkeyhoty

The point is "your" christianity comes from the bible.  As much as you'd like it to be true you have nothing in common with early christians.  Your beliefs are based upon the additions, subtractions, revisions, and reformations of the bible and christian doctrine in the last 1500 years.  Jesus is only the figurehead of your religion.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

User192021

Quote from: "Scrybe"Is this sort of like a Christian not reading the Bible?
I don't think it is.  Atheism doesn't require anybody to do anything except not believe in god.  It's perfectly possible for a person to have a solid grasp on evolutionary theory without ever having read On the Origin of Species.

Scrybe

Quote from: "User192021"I don't think it is.  Atheism doesn't require anybody to do anything except not believe in god.  It's perfectly possible for a person to have a solid grasp on evolutionary theory without ever having read On the Origin of Species.

Haha… yes… I was being facetious.
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

User192021

Quote from: "Scrybe"
Quote from: "User192021"I don't think it is.  Atheism doesn't require anybody to do anything except not believe in god.  It's perfectly possible for a person to have a solid grasp on evolutionary theory without ever having read On the Origin of Species.

Haha… yes… I was being facetious.
Of course.  I knew that....