News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Soccer trainer fired for praying

Started by Tom62, February 27, 2007, 09:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Blauw Geel '55 a soccerclub in Ede (the Netherlands) fired a little-league trainer for praying to much. Trainer Roeland von Schükkman, member of the Pinkstergemeente (Pentecostals),  forced his pupils to pray twice before the training took place and to close their eyes twice before every game. After receiving many complaints from the parents, the soccerclub fired the trainer on the grounds that it is a public club that doesn't have a need for preachers.

What I found interesting about this article is that the city of Ede lies in the middle of the dutch "bible belt". Apparently the forces of rationality are gaining in strength even inside "enemy territory".
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Kestrel

Quote from: "Tom62"Apparently the forces of rationality are gaining in strength even inside "enemy territory".

Seems to me the forces of fairness, are gaining strength.
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

bwh27

I guess some enlightened people are finally figuring out that praying is nothing more that talking to a wall. Just a waste of time. I have challenged Christian crackpots to record Gods voice when he talks back. I have offered $10,000 US for a recording. So far my $10,000 is safe.

Eclecticsaturn

Tom- your right it does sound like rationality is starting to triumph here. This is actually really good news. Everytime i see something like this i just get  a mental image of another brick getting taken of the religious wall. People are starting to come to their senses.