News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Experiencing technical difficulties

Started by Whitney, February 20, 2007, 01:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Hey everyone.  Some of you have probably noticed that I haven't been on much lately.  Well, my laptop won't turn on so I don't have many opportunities to get on the forum.  Brian and I are also planning on getting married in July so I have been busy with planning the wedding as well as finishing school and finding a job.  

If anyone notices spam or other problems please let me know via e-mail an I'll have Brian take care of it.  I may not find time to take my comp in for repair till next week and even then the guy may not be able to fix it and I'd have to ship it off to Compaq.  We think the power button is broken.

tc

McQ

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS!

OK, now on to the forum. Spammers will be shot then questioned.  :D

I hope you get your 'puter fixed quickly!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Thanks McQ.  The comp goes into the shop tomorrow (found a place in the city that is certified by Compaq instead of the hole in the wall shop here in town) and hopefully they can fix it so I won't have to ship it to Compaq.

Squid

That's your problem right there - it's a Compaq :).

Whitney

Quote from: "Squid"That's your problem right there - it's a Compaq :).

Ya, I don't think I'll buy another Compaq...our other one just like this one has a broken touch pad.

Anyway, it's working again.  They had to soder on another power button.

Squid

Wow, you had to have 'em break out the sodering iron.  Yeah, maybe a Dell (as long as you use Dell stuff to do any upgrades - Dell's don't really like other people's products in them).  I picked up a Toshiba Satellite laptop and it's pretty good - the only thing is that the monitor isn't the sturdiest one but overall it's pretty damn nice.