News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Questioning Christianity

Started by big_papa701, October 12, 2009, 05:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_papa701

This doesn't make sense to me. If "God" created Earth, then why did it take until "Jesus" to bring out Christianity. The Earth was around for millions and millions of years before he came along and just decided that's what happened. When I was a little kid, I went to Bible School. I am no longer religious, but when I did go as a kid, they told us "Jesus" was brought up a Jew, and then basically created Christianity. As of now in my life, I do not believe in any type of "God" or gods, and I don't really plan on ever believing in any.

AlP

People made up Christianity. Welcome to the forum. There's an "Introduction" thread if you'd like to say more about yourself. I was brought up atheist. Never had to go through the indoctrination you did =).
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Renegnicat

goog, good. glad you're here.
Would anyone care, for a bon-bon?
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

Ultima22689

Never had a bon bon before. You know what's funny though? When you look at how young Christianity is and THEN look at how young Judaism is it's really funny how a lot of Christians pretend they can't hear you when you bring up the hundreds of other religions that came before and how their stories are nearly identical to the Jesus shtick despite being older every time. Religion is funny. You know what would be hilarious though? When we do die and it turns out God is really real but instead he is nothing what anyone expected and he is all like "Dude, you people that always try to worship me are nuts". Then he'll look at the atheist dude and go "So little dude, you didn't believe in me but you strived to make the world a better place so yeah, enjoy paradise." Christians are all sad thinking they're going to hell now. "Where did you guys get Hell from? That thing isn't real dudes. You can go in, I just need you to write for me a thousand word essay on why the bible is nuts! If you don't wanna do that you could, you know, go back to Earth and try again." God puts on his  cool shades  and walks back into heaven. "You dudes better hurry, I'm making pizza for everyone and God pizza is as good as it sounds.!"

LoneMateria

For some reason when I read "god's" dialog I picture him talking like Keanu Reeves.  Which reminds me of the funny episode of south park where Kenny had to use his PSP to save heaven and get the statue of Keanu Reeves for saving heaven.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Ultima22689

oddly enough when I wrote that Keanu Reeves was God's voice. O_o

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl