News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Tulsa, OK - Darwin Day Celebration!!!

Started by MorallySecular, February 06, 2007, 03:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorallySecular

http://atheists.meetup.com/477/

Join us for a celebration of Darwin's Birthday, we will be viewing "Darwin's Dangerous Idea"...

This episode interweaves the drama in key moments of Darwin's life with documentary sequences of current research, linking past to present and introducing major concepts of evolutionary theory. It explores why Darwin's "dangerous idea" might matter even more today than it did in his own time, and reveals how science might be used to explain the past and predict the future of life on earth.

When?
    Monday, Feb 12, 2007, 6:00 PM
Where?
    Hardesty Library
    8316 E. 93rd St.
    Tulsa, OK 74133
    250-7307

We'll be in the Redbud Auditorium, feel free to bring treats....I'll bring the cake. :D

(email me with your own ideas - morallysecular@gmail.com)

MommaSquid

Quote from: "MorallySecular"... feel free to bring treats....I'll bring the cake. :D

Cartman: "More people will come if they think we have punch and pie!!!"

MorallySecular

Crap!!!  You're so right!  But it seems most of the people in our group don't watch South Park and therefore I went ahead and dropped the reference from the notification.....

If anyone wants to bring punch and/or pie then I'll make the free hats!  :P

Big Mac

I'm surprised there aren't any riots from Right Wing Kent Hovind types.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

ImpaledSkier

sounds fun, but it's a long drive for a school night.
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Whitney

Hey...my bf and I might come.  Right now I think I can sqeeze some free time out of monday night but I don't know if the professor will talk till then end of class on monday (the class goes till 5:30 but is a studio so I can step out as long as nothing is going on).

Tom62

Well, I'd love to come but $1350.00 for a flightticket is a bit expensive.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein